Why Did You Do That

**Jessica**

It felt really awkward , since we haven't really talked at all .
I couldn't take it anymore and said in a shy tone "You - uh -you know you can leave right ".

He snapped out of his gaze , and said "Oh -uh -yeah I -I knew that ". He said backing up into the door ,  while he was scratched  the back of his head .
He left  and I went back to work .

For the rest of the day , Luke didn't treat me that bad as he was before but he is still making me do extra  work , which makes me stay at work past my working hours .
I was still in my office when the door opened  and in came in my boss . 

"Ohh hey , your still here ," He said with keys in his hands .
"Yeah , with the work you gave me to do ," I said.
"You know , I said you can start it today or tomorrow ," He said moving closer to my desk .
"I know , and I chose to start it today and finish it today ," I said getting back to my work .

"Well I came in here to lock your office , but your still here ,"  He said standing over me while leaning against my desk .
"Ohh , well I'm almost done ," I said .

He put down the keys on my table and took my hands and stopped me from my work .
"What are you doing ?" I asked. 
"Stopping you ," He said .
"Why ?" I asked. 
"Cause you have worked so much today ," He said. 

"I know that , but that is what I came to do in this business ," I said. 
"I know that , but its too much work I have been giving you ," He said. 
"Come on ," He said pulling me up from my chair and pulling me from behind my desk to him to the  front where he was  .

"Where are you taking me ?" I asked .
"Home , your tried ," Luke said. 
"No , it's okay  , "I said. 
"Let me take you home ," He said. 
Since I was too tried to agrue with him , I got my stuff and went with him .

I let him lock my door and he led the way to his car but we took the different elevator to his car . It was really awkward .

He couldn't take the silence anymore and said ,"Look Jessica , I'm really sorry for being a dick and an asswhole to you . I didint mean to make you cry ," He said turning to me and watching me right in the eyes .

"Its okay but I - I
I said stuttering.  Then I said , "Never mind ".
"What did you want to say ?" Luke asked me .
"Nothing ," I said. 
The elevator came to a stop and it opened to the place where Luke 's car was .

We got in and he drove to my house .
When we were almost to my house he said "Tell me ".
"Tell you what ?"I asked.
"Tell me what you wanted to tell me in the elevator ," He said. 

"It -its nothing "," I said stuttering a bit. 
"Tell me ," He said. 
"Its kinda of a - I don't know If its true," I said.
"Just tell me ," He said. 

I started to play with my fingers and said "Uhm - I think the reason why you were being that way to me was because I said no to dating you ".

We reached my house , I opened my door to get out of Luke's car walked up my driveway to get to the front door . Luke came out of his car and walked all the way to my front door  and turned me around and said "If you think that I am doing - I don't know - shit ," He said once realizing what he was doing .

I wanted to believe that it was not true but it is . "Look Jessica-
I cut him off and said "No -

But before I could say anything more ,  my front  door swung open and out came .......

---------------
What do you think of this chapter ?

Who opened Jessica 's door ?

Is it her parents or Sophie ?

Comment and Vote .
Share with your friends .

-starngcgirl