Epilogue

(One week later)

<make note that Jasmine is approximately ten months old now, give or take>

“Come on Jace, don’t be a baby.” I teased. 

Jace scoffed and sneered at me. “I’m not a baby, I simply dislike horses; not that you aren’t wonderful!” He quickly praised Apple who gave him a nasty look. 

“So you mean to tell me that Jace, powerful vampire, is afraid of riding a horse?” I questioned. 

He crossed his arms and looked away. “Not afraid, just…uninterested.” 

I laughed and turned Bandit in a wide circle. Jasmine, stationed in front of me, clapped her hands and squealed with delight. 

“Look, even your daughter isn’t afraid. I think maybe I should get her a horse of her own, one that she can grow up with.” 

“She already has her own puppy.” Jace reminded me, looking down at the sable coated wolf hybrid that was one of the four gifts Bebe had left me after her death. 

Jasmine called her “Nona” as that was what her limited baby vocabulary allowed her to say, and the named had stuck. 

“So what?” I asked, shrugging. 

“I don’t think she needs to be spoiled. If she’s anything like you, and I know for a fact that she is, we’re already going to have a small zoo by the time she’s eighteen. I think we should take it easy for a while.” 

Jace was trying to be all parent-y, but lets face it, I wore the pants in this relationship…and that was what we had now. With the world no longer in dire need, and the threats of the council and James gone, I had finally given in to him and let him be part of my full-self. I have to admit, giving in was much better than holding everything in. 

I teased Jace a little more and finally his ego got the better of him and he mounted Apple, positioning himself in the saddle comfortably. 

“Hm,” He began. “This isn’t so…” Before he could complete his sentence Apple whinnied and took off running towards the back fields. 

Jace screamed, yes I mean screamed, and held on for his life. Jasmine squealed in delight. 

“Daddy gooooo!” She yelled. 

I laughed, hugging her closer to me and gave Bandit a little kick. He chased after his adopted sister. 

“Oh come on Jace, it wasn’t that bad.” I insisted, towing Apple home pony because Jace refused to get back on her. 

He mad and his ego was hurt so he was currently pouting. There was dirt all over the front of his jeans and some on his cheeks and there were leaves in his ruffled platinum hair. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud; and my laughter was contagious, Jasmine laughed too. 

Jace turned to glare at us. “You think this is funny?!” He growled, his eyes falling on Jasmine. 

She clapped her hands together and laughed some more. Jace stalked towards her with his hands up like he was going to get her. 

“I’ll show you funny!” He warned her and then snatched her from me and threw her in the air. 

She screamed in joy and when he caught her he took off running.