The Secret Life ((Part 9))

"I'm not sure you're understanding." Jace said, following me up my driveway.

I sighed and unlocked the front door. "I understand perfectly Jace. I almost died, you gave me a lot of your blood. I drank your blood again, twice, and now we have this twisted "blood bond" thing. Cool, sweet, I don't really care."

Jace came up behind me and followed me in the house.

"Really Jace, you don't need to follow me inside, I understand."

He shook his head and closed the door behind us. "No Cheyenne, no I don't think you understand."

I groaned and went to the fridge, looking at everything. Nothing held any interest for me.

"When is the last time you ate?" He asked.

"The morning after you brought me home from the bar, why?"

Jace went over to my cabinets and started opening them one by one.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He ignored me and continued digging through my cabinets. Jace found a small blue bowl and a box of Fruity Pebbles and then ran with vampire speed to the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk. He pushed the bowl of cereal towards me and then placed a spoon next to it.

"You need to eat Cheyenne. Now." I laughed at him and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You can't make me Jace. And I'm not hungry." I slid the bowl back towards him and then turned to walk away.

He reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me back towards the counter.

"I don't want to make you Cheyenne, so please, eat something." There was something in his purple eyes that was pleading with me, but I was so over caring.

"I'm going to bed Jace, goodnight."

He didn't let go of my hand so when I tried to walk away I got jerked back to the counter.

"Cheyenne," He said in a hypotonic way. "You're gonna want to eat that cereal."

His pupils dilated and his skin paled.

"Jace, what are you-" I began.

"Eat the cereal Cheyenne, now." He commanded, his pupils getting even larger until there was no more purple in his eyes, only black. His skin was now the color of marble.

"Pick up the spoon and eat the cereal." He commanded again.

Without my consent, my hand reached down and picked up the spoon.

"You're going to finish the whole bowl, do you understand?"

"I'll finish the whole bowl." I recited and then shoved a spoon full in my mouth.

My brain was shouting that he was making me do this but I couldn't get my body to stop putting the food in my mouth.

When the bowl was empty Jace dropped his compel and I sucked in a deep breath, slumping onto the counter.

"How dare you." I hissed, wiping my mouth off. "How dare you compel me. How dare you."

I turned and ran upstairs towards my bathroom, shoving my finger down my throat. He thought he could get me to eat by compelling me; well he was dead wrong.

By the time I got to the toilet, I upchucked all the fruity goodness, leaving the water like a rainbow. I got up and rinsed my mouth out. Jace was waiting by the door.

"I only did it to help you." He pleaded. "You need to eat, your body is still human Cheyenne."

When I looked up at him I was so very tired, I didn't have any fight left in me and my body was taking its toll from not feeding from him tonight, but I was too tired to feed.