The Secret Moon ((Part 1))

Gah! I couldn't write this chapter. Serious writers block, but I tried.

Sorry if its horrible, but I hope its not :]

Part one of The Secret Moon!

~Cheyenne's POV~

There was a full moon out tonight--full and bright and making the animals a little restless. Bandit and Apple, who had come home shortly after the big battle, my fourteen dogs --fourteen because I had kept four from the group that had been soldiers for us-- were panting and watching me for any sign of a signal.

I could hear the animals residing in the barn howling and making noise. They were hungry, but the animals in the barn were different from my horses or my dogs because the animals in the barn were blood thirsty.

After the battle I had wanted to distract myself. Luzifer never came back and so I figured he'd either run off or that he had been killed in the building when it fell, either way he was gone.

But that didn't mean that all the other animals that Annie had created were gone. I had spent two whole weeks hunting them down and bringing them back to my house --which my mom had abandoned, but don't worry, I didn't just forget about her, I found her living in a small place in the city.

Because of what Luzifer did, I discovered that the one who gives them blood is the one who controls them so they each got some of my blood every night and that was how they were able to live.

They were also a good distraction for me.

They distracted me from the fact that it had been three weeks. Three weeks since I had seen Jace, and four weeks since I had touched him.

The last time I had seen him had been when the other hunters came and took a dog or two from our hunting group. Jace had come and he'd taken Hunting Dog 1 --a pretty fawn brindle pitbull with a blue nose. We hadn't even as much as talked since then.

But that didn't mean that I wasn't aware of what he was doing.

Our bond was so strong now that I barley had to think about him and I could feel every emotion he was feeling and know almost every thought that had crossed his mind.

It was overwhelming and I didn't like it though I was sure that the only reason I didn't like it was because he could also feel all of my emotions and know everything I had thought too --and that was weird for me.

Wind blew into the house violently and made eerie sounds that would frighten normal human ears.

I felt a storm coming on though I don't know how far away it was. Sometimes I would feel storms coming and they wouldn't actually hit for a week.

Bebe whined and pawed at my leg, she wanted to go to bed, but it was bed that I had been trying so hard to avoid.

I looked down at her and frowned.

"Do you want to go to bed?" I asked her.

She 'woofed' once and wagged her bushy tail. I sighed and stood up.

"Okay, lets go to bed."

Bebe and the rest of the dogs all jumped up and ran for the stairs. I walked over to the lamp next to the couch and put it out.

Darkness --it was only at night, in a sleeping state, that I couldn't fully block Jace out. It was only when I was tucked away in my bed, vulnerable, that all of my barriers fell and I was in-tuned to him completely. I dreaded sleep, but I couldn't avoid it.

I had tried once, managed for three days, and then I passed out cold with no warning and slept for two full days. I wouldn't be doing that again.

I don't know what it was about Jace that got to me...I mean he was a vampire for gods sake! But in my heart I knew he wasn't just a vampire.