The Secret Moon ((Part 4))

I woke up in my bed with a pair of arms wrapped around me. From the feeling of peace traveling through me I knew it could only be one person, but I wasn't sure who had moved us here.

I smelled coffee and breakfast in the air but I didn't have the heart to move because I wasn't sure if Jace was fully healed yet.

"Morning." He said to me, kissing the back of my neck.

Goosebumps traveled from the back of my neck all the way to the base of my spine. My breath hitched and I tried to move away from him.

"Don't go anywhere, I'm enjoying this."

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I turned in bed to face him and wrapped my arms around my chest. Jace's face was totally healed except for the trace of bruising under both of his eyes.

"So," I said, moving my eyes to his. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

Jace's eyes stayed focused on mine but he didn't respond.

"Nothing happened. I ran into the animal's mate and we scuffled, but I killed it; and then, my only thought was getting back to you."

I stared at his face hard and I realized that he was lying. I jumped out of bed and stormed to the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked, confused.

"I cannot believe it. After everything you and I have been through that you would lie to me. I can't even look at you right now."

I opened my door and marched down the hall. My bathroom was empty so I went inside and slammed the door and locked it. I couldn't stand Jace! Before he came into my life I was content with the way I was living and now that he was here and around all the time...I couldn't function properly.

I wasn't myself anymore. I had to get out of this shell of this new me and find my way again. I turned the shower on and washed my entire body twice, making sure to scrub my neck thoroughly. When I was done I made my way back to my room, glad that Jace was no longer there.

I dressed in a green tank top and blue jeans with my favorite brown belt and brushed my hair out straight. I grabbed my car keys and headed to the stairs but stopped. I could hear talking down stairs and knew that they would question me.

I turned and quickly ran out to my window, climbing out to the nearest tree. When my feet had safely hit the ground, I walked over to my car and got in. Step one complete, but sneaking out wasn't going to be the hardest step. Now it was time for step two, find someone to make me forget Jace had ever altered my life.

Club Royale is famous for one thing and one thing only, clearing your head.

I came here because this had been the place I would always go to blow steam off after battles. What a better place to find myself again than the place I used to be myself in. I parked as close to the front door as I could get --on of the defenses I'd learned in training-- and went inside. The familiar smell of smoke, liquor, and sweat swept over me and brought a smile to my face.

The bartender didn't card me because I had after all been a regular here, and before long I had four tequila shots in me and two cosmopolitans. The music was upscale and I couldn't help but move my hips to the beat. Two arms snaked their way around my body and I recognized the warmth. I didn't break from my dancing.

"Fancy meeting you here." James breathed on my neck.

I shivered at the welcoming he was giving me. I continued dancing but turned around to face him, smiling. I noticed his eyes right away because they were a well defined light green. I'm not one to forget things but I could have sworn his eyes were brown the first time I'd met him. Maybe they had looked brown because it had been so dark.