The Secret Life ((Part 7))

With Jace's blood pumping through me I felt more alive than ever before. Jace had wanted to stick to patrolling the local park, low life vampires typically hunted the homeless there, but I wanted revenge. I wanted to get the bitch who thought she could kill me...

"Cheyenne, are you okay?" Jace asked.

I shot him a glare and put my finger to my lips. "Less talking more hunting. We're never going to find them before the sun comes up if you don't pay attention."

Jace watched me a while longer and then continued his search. We hunted for signs of 'Julie' for hours but found nothing. Finally even I had to give in.

"Ugh, this blows. Lets go to the park."

Jace seemed reluctant. "Cheyenne, its almost two in the morning. Don't you think you should be getting back to your house?"

I turned around and pointed my finger at him. "Hey, I don't care if 'once upon a time' you and my daddy made a pact and you gave your word to protect me. Rules are meant to be broken. Now if you want to stick around, cool. If you don't, cool. But I sure as hell don't need you and I know for a fact..."

I was about to say something else when I saw Jace's eye widen. I felt the demonic presence behind me immediately and whirled around, grabbing the vampire by the shirt and shoving him into the nearest wall. The vampire had shaggy black hair and even blacker eyes, his fangs were out and he was growling a very grizzly-bear sound.

"What do you know of the vampire Julie?" I asked him, putting pressure on his throat.

The vampire continued growling.

"Hey idiot, I asked you a question." I growled back, knocking him into the wall again.

The vampire struggled against my hold and starting clawing at my arms in a feeble attempt at escape. I laughed once, humorlessly.

"Fine, you don't want to talk, let me put you out of your misery." I grabbed a hold of his head and used my new found strength to twist it around. I can't say that I didn't like the satisfying snapping noise it made. I reached into my duffle bag and pulled out one of my special stakes, shoving it deep into his chest, just in case.

Jace was behind me then, lighting a match and throwing it on the dead vampire. He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Can we go home yet?"

I smiled wickedly at him. "Hell no, I'm just getting warmed up."

We stayed out all night.

By the time the sun had come up, it was too late for me to go home and get to school on time.

I made Jace drive me to school, though he tried insisting that I should spend the day resting. I changed into the outfit that I had in my duffel bag and slapped on some make-up in the passenger seat of Jace's car while he drove me to school.

It wasn't until I was in first hour, listening to the teacher moan on and on about why the lesson he was teaching was so important, that I realized Jace may have been right.

I was feeling jittery, on edge. Nothing like I used to feel after a fight. No, this wasn't tremors or an anxiety attack, this was something else.

My stomach rumbled obnoxiously and my veins began to throb.

I was having withdrawals.

I realized then what I needed but I knew I couldn't have it until later.

My nerves were on edge the entire school day. I snapped at Cara, got into an argument with an administrator and almost got into a fist fight with a guy on the wrestling team who accidentally knocked into me in the hallway. I was absolutely going insane.

When the bell rang, releasing us from class, I ran out into the parking lot, hoping that Jace would be there, but of course he wasn't. The one time that I actually wanted him there, he wasn't.

I rode the bus home, feeling the tension inside of me building. If I didn't get more soon, I didn't think I would be able to control myself. There was something about Jace's blood that was driving me crazy.

I kept trying to tell myself that it was just the power, but there was something else. Something about the high I felt when I knew I was in control and could easily snap a vampire's neck. Something inside of me got off at the idea of the roles being reversed.

When the bus dropped me off at my stop, I threw my duffel bag over my shoulder and ran to my house. By the time I got to my front door I was breathing heavily, which was weird for me.

My mom was sitting at the dining room table, waiting for me, and I silently cursed myself for not using the window like I had the day before.

"Where the hell have you been?" She screeched, jumping up when she saw me.

"School?" I said like that was the most ridiculous question I'd heard in my live.

My mother's face got red. "Don't be a smart ass Cheyenne. Where were you last night? I sat up in your room all night and you didn't come home. Don't even pretend like you did."

"I wasn't pretending. You didn't specify when you meant. You said 'Where the hell have you been' and I've been in school."

Her face got redder. "I swear to god I don't know who you are anymore. I wish your father would come home so he could see what you're turning into. You're sleeping around, drinking, probably doing drugs. He would be so disappointed."

Now I would never ever normally do this. It broke every rule my father had embedded into my head as a young child, but I had been on edge all day, and my mother was just pushing my very last nerve, so I guess you can say I snapped.

I leaned forward, putting my face right in hers and growled, "You need to shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about. My father is dead and if you would stop being such a naïve little dumb ass bitch, than you would remember. My father would not make any of this better, in fact, all of this is his fault. He's not coming back mom. He'll never come back and that's your fault not mine!"

I ran up the stairs then, leaving her dumbfounded and hurt and the worst part was...

I didn't care.

I busied myself with chores: feeding the animals, taking a shower, doing homework. But nothing could distract me from the fact that the sun was about to set and that meant the Jace would be coming over and I was that much closer to feeling the way I felt last night again.

As soon as my clock switched from 6:59 to 7 my curtains ruffled and Jace was standing at the foot of my bed, looking at me with concern on his face.

"I don't think we should go out tonight." He informed me.

I sat up on my bed, pushing myself onto my knees and crawling over so I was right in front of him. "And why is that?" I asked.

Jace watched me, trying to hold back an emotion that was coming to the surface. "You've consumed a large amount of my blood and its doing strange things to you. I think that you should stay home tonight, eat something bad for you, and just...rest..."

He stumbled on the last two words because I had placed myself right in front of him, teasing the hem of his shirt.

"Oh really?" I asked in my most seductive voice. "Is that what you really think?"

Jace struggled to keep his face stern, he would not give in, but as soon as my hands rubbed up his chest, his resolve disappeared, because he was after all, a vampire.

I yanked his shirt off and pulled him down onto my bed so I can reach him easier. There was a fair pink line where I had cut him last night. I made sure to make the cut on the same place and then straddled him to get a better angle.

I saw the emotion in his eyes now, the one he was trying to hold back, it was lust, and I knew that he would never refuse me again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I don't get much feedback on this story so I haven't been doing much with it but I've decided to continue it for myself and then if anyone likes it, they can read it.

So let me know what you think :]

Vote/Comment.

Thanks.