Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 8))

~Chey's POV~

There was no pain when I woke up and when I moved my body around there was no sting. I looked down at my leg and saw that it was still in place and the ripped skin had already closed and healed, there was only fine scars where the skin had stretched, but that would heal soon too.

I stood up gently and looked around, I had slept much longer than I had intended to because the sky was already getting light again.

There was one thing on my mind as I started forward and that was to see my little girl again. I didn't run, not wanting to push my leg, but my walking did pick up to a faster, sprint-like jog and soon the woods were long behind me. I wasn't exactly sure where I was when I finally reached a city and when I finally reached a place to catch my bearings I realized that I was much further from home than expected.

There was no way I was going to make it back without a cab I was certainly didn't have any money, but I was sure when I got home I could grab some of my stash and pay the driver. I found one willing to drive me that far and sat silently in the backseat the entire drive. I noticed him looking at me from the rearview mirror but I ignored his gaze.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" He asked me suddenly.

I looked up at him and met his eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Please don't talk to me." I told him.

His eyes went back to the road and he didn't talk to me the rest of the way. When we arrived at my house I felt a surge of excitement rushed through me, I was home. I saw an unfamiliar jeep in my driveway and that put me on defense but I was so tired and weak from my long, treacherous ordeal with James that I was almost too far gone to care.

I knew when I got the chance to sleep in a bed, safe I wasn't going to wake up for months. I slowly walked up to the porch, my body slowly giving up on me. How was it possible to be this tired when I had just slept for a few hours? I tripped on the second stair but caught myself with my hands and continued up. I was just about to open the door when it opened for me and I was face to face with Jace.

Seeing him was so much of a shock that I couldn't even move or make a sound, I don't even think I was breathing. It was Jace who broke the ice by opening his mouth and saying my name.

"Cheyenne?" He asked, almost as if he didn't believe he was seeing me.

"Jace." I breathed, barley able to keep my eyes open any longer.

He stepped forward and as he did that I caught sight of a blonde head poking out from behind the living room wall. I tilted my head to the side in confusion and Jace looked back at what I was seeing, wondering what had distracted me. I didn't have time to ask who the girl was because I stumbled forward then.

I think Jace thought I was trying to give him a hug because he opened his arms and pulled me into his chest, it was about then that I passed out.

~Jace's POV~

She stepped forward to hug me so I quickly wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into me; when she didn't return my embrace I stepped away from her, confused, only to have her fall forward. I caught her with my quick vampire reflexes and shook her gently.

"Cheyenne, are you okay?"

No response. She was passed out cold. I knew I had to call doc but I couldn't have him coming here with Anna present nor did I want her asking any weird questions about Cheyenne so I drug her inside and laid her down on the coach. The dogs were around us instantly, sniffing her from head to toe and taking her in; I think they were more excited to see her than me.