Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 5))

~Jace's POV~

She wouldn't stop crying, the entire night she screamed her perfect little head off. I rocked her and sang to her and tried to give her some water, nothing worked. I decided to call the doctor.

He showed up at my door looking confused and tired, he had one car-seat in each hand; one had a baby in it the other was vacant. He placed one down by the front door and brought the one with a baby in it over to the couch.

"Where is she?" He asked me.

"She?" I asked, looking at doc confused.

Doc looked over at me and then right on Que she started crying again.

"I heard her crying on the phone." He informed me, not looking me in the eye and then disappeared into the living room.

I followed after him but stopped when I saw him with the baby...my baby. She was wrapped under one of his arms, her blanket nice and tight around her, and had a bottle in her mouth and she was sucking hungrily.

"I don't think she likes me." I told him.

"I'm sure she likes you, babies are very easy; they eat, sleep, poop, cry, repeat."

He looked down at her and smiled, rocking her up and down.

"Babies like to be wrapped tightly, it reminds them of being in the womb. She's going have to eat every two to three hours, sometimes more depending on how much she eats. Even if she's sleeping, wake her up and feed her; trust me, she's hungry."

I heard what he was saying but it was hard to reply when I was looking at the little girl in his arms. I remember when he had said she had a miscarriage; she had been pregnant with my baby before, a baby like the one that was here now, and she had lost it. I hadn't been involved with the last pregnancy because it was over before it had started, and this one I hadn't been around at all.

"Daddy is just going to have to learn what to do little Jas." He said to the little girl in his arms.

Wait, Jas?

"What did you call her?" I asked.

Doc froze and looked up at me.

"Jas? Jasmine, that's her name isn't it?"

"How do you know that name?" I asked him.

Doc hesitated; was he always this jumpy?

"It's on her bracelet." He informed me, pulling her little fist out of her blanket.

Even from the distance I was standing I could see the little gold bracelet on her arm. I must have missed it before because it was under those long sleeves of hers.

"Jace, are you okay?" Doc asked me.

I looked up at him with a stupid smile on my face.

"Yea, its just, that was my mom's name; Jasmine. I can't believe she remembered."

I walked over to doc and took Jasmine from him, copying what he was doing. She continued suckling on the bottle but her little eyes were open now and she was looking around at everything.

"This is so unreal." I told the doctor. "One second I'm completely unsure what I'm going to do with my life and how I'm going to find Cheyenne and comfort the other hunters and then all of a sudden I'm a father...how did that happen?"

I looked up at doc and saw the understanding on his face.

"It's baffling, I realize, but this is what Cheyenne and you were destined to do. The Blessed One and the Pure Soul we'll spend an eternity together and if one of them dies, the other Is sure to follow. But even after death their souls will find each other again and re-enter the world together."