The Secret life ((Part 2))

"Trent Lovington, really Cheyenne?" Cara asked during lunch. "You know you could do so much better than him."

"What can I say?" I said, "I had an itch, he was there, and whatever Cara, you know you'd totally bang him too. Wasn't it you who thought he was 'totally sexable' in eighth grade?"

Cara scoffed at me. "As if, that was when I was a middle school crush. You know I have my heart set on Austin Miller now."

Now it was my turn to scoff. "Austin Miller? The 'dark and mysterious' bad boy with the motorcycle?"

Cara nodded, "And speaking of the devil, here he comes now."

I looked over to see the tall, estimated 6'3, dark haired, light skinned, Austin walk in wearing black jeans; the hugging type, not skinny, and a black 'guns-n-roses' t-shirt. He flicked his dark hair out of his eyes as he made his way towards his table, showing off his snakebites and eyebrow ring.

"Seriously Cara," I continued, returning to my half eaten lunch. "If you like him so much, why don't you just ask him out?"

Cara's smile faded and her cheeks flushed two shades darker. "You know why." She whispered.

I swallowed a lump of guilt and pushed my plate away. "I'm sorry Cara, but it was before I knew you liked him and technically, before he even came to this school."

Cara was afraid to ask Austin out because him and I had had this 'thing' earlier on in the school year, after I had met him in a club. I wasn't one for multiple dos, but, I had made an exception for Austin because honestly, that boy was a god in bed.

Cara looked up at me, "I know, and it's not like I'm mad at you or anything but I think it would be awkward to date him knowing that he'll be thinking about you every time we're hanging out."

Now I really felt guilty. "I'm sorry." I said again because I didn't really know what else to say.

She shook her head, "No big deal. Besides, if he liked me he would ask me out."

"That's the spirit." I replied.

I couldn't help the anxiety that always wound its my in the pit of my stomach every time the sun went down. I shuffled through my drawers, looking for a particular pair of leggings. When I found them, I pulled them on and looked in the mirror.

I was wearing a knee length, black loose skirt with a black shirt with sleeves that came down to my elbows. The shirt had a deep V that showed off a lot of cleavage and I had made sure to wear my favorite strapless, push-up bra. I wore the black leggings so I wouldn't get a friction burn from the sheath I wore on my leg that held my iron, dagger dipped in dead man's blood.

As soon as I finished my make-up, I heard the horn outside. Cara was here and she would be desperate to go. I raced down the stairs, cursing myself for wearing my wedge shoes, and out into the front yard.

Cara was, in fact, waiting in the driveway, music leaking out of her Jeep Cherokee. I ignored the barking dogs and climbed into her car, clutching my handbag in my lap.

"You look tense." Cara commented. "What's going on?"

Because I couldn't tell her the truth, I did what I do best, lied. "I was just thinking of my dad."

Cara got her sympathetic face and touched my arm, "It'll be okay."

I smiled back at her, swallowing my anxiety. "I know." I told her. "Lets get to the movies."

We pulled up in the parking lot at exactly 7:35 and had four minutes to get inside before our movie started. Cara was bouncing up and down, causing the people waiting behind us to give her weird looks.