The Secret Moon ((Part 9))

I spent the next few weeks on a loop: school, animals, parties, avoid Jace -repeat.

The other hunters and I were starting to become a little anxious about the situation. Another body had been found (not by Jace) in the same condition as the one Jace had found and the news was throwing stories around about a serial killer.

The good thing about the bodies showing up was that there hadn't been another abduction case, but the bad thing was that there hadn't been another abduction case so no more trails to follow and now we were dealing with dead, mangled bodies, not cold cases of missing girls.

I was laying in bed exactly three weeks after the event between Jace and happened, when I suddenly felt this need to go to the club. It wasn't like other times and other 'needs' I've had; this was almost like a feeling, a premonition of some sort that if I went to the club something big was going to happen. I slipped into my, still, fairly new boots and put on my never used, pink, strapless dress and headed downstairs.

"Hey, let's go." I called to the dogs.

They jumped out of their resting spots and ran to the front door to be let out. They piled in my car, some sitting on top of others, and I took off towards the club. When I got there I noticed that the music was much louder than usual. I cracked all four windows in the car and ordered the dogs to stay put. There was a line outside but the bouncer at the door had a thing for me so he motioned me in without even blinking. Once inside I got the feeling of claustrophobia. People were jammed packed together, the place must be hosting some event tonight or something.

I made my way over to the bar so I could sit down and have a drink. As I scoped out the crowd the place started getting really loud and the people started getting more excited. The music turned into techno and the lights started flashing enough to make a person have a seizure or something.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." People chanted.

"It's ladies night!" The announcer yelled over the microphone.

Males started wolf calling and cheering. Ah, I thought to myself. That's why there was such a crowd. And then I realize how dumb I had been; it was ladies night which meant lots of drunk, horny ladies -this would be the perfect spot to find more prey. I got up onto my stool and joined some girls dancing on the bar. I used this new height to scope better. My eyes had just made it to the back of the room when a particular pair of eyes caught my attention. Whenever the strobe light went over them they glowed green.

Before I could jump down and make a move after the girl, she took off running. I saw a couple guys from the other side of the club pushing through the crowd and going after her. This is it, I thought and jumped down. I ran hard and fast, elbowing my way to the back door. I got there before the guys but not before the girl; she was already out in the alley way, running.

"Wait!" I called to her.

She stopped running and turned to face me.

"I can help you if you'd just stop."

Her face looked torn; all of her instincts were telling her to run but her need for safety and security was keeping her in place and interested in me. The back door of the club flew open and five guys poured out. The girl's eyes got huge and she turned to run but two more guys cut her off and grabbed her arms.

"Jessica, we've been looking for you for a long time." One of the guys said.

He had real sun kissed skin and a bald head. His eyes were a very endearing green along with all of the other guys. They way they looked at Jessica and I it almost seemed like they were hungry.

"Let me go." She said, fighting against their hold.

I felt bad then because if I hadn't stopped her she might have gotten away and I knew then that I wouldn't leave without her being safe. I crouched down into a fighting stance, feeling the pressure of my blade attached to my leg. I backed myself up until my butt touched the wall, never again would someone sneak up on me and get the better of me. One of the younger guys with dark hair down to his shoulders chuckled and moved towards me.