The Secret Life ((Part 16))

A week later-

I pulled into the hotel parking lot where I had been staying these last four days.

Bebe and I had been tracking down Dave, a seventeen year old hunter, like me. I had found while looking for out of area vampire signs.

Jace had once mentioned that where we lived, more vampires resided than any where else in the US. I figured if that was true than the other hunters splashed through out the world had to be where the other vampires were.

I had hunted down a small coven in this area; Glacier Springs, Arizona. It wouldn't seem like Arizona would be a popular place for vampires to stay, and it wasn't, which was why I had gone there first.

Finding Dave was just a random coincidence. Bebe and I had been scoping out a bar and I had been drinking considerably more than I should have for the mission I was on, when suddenly she started growling.

I looked up and saw a beautiful blond girl leading a awestruck guy outside.

I had immediately known that she was a vampire and that he was going to be her next victim.

"Voraus!" I ordered her, go. Bebe had launched after them, me right behind her.

But when we had gotten out into the alley, the situation was a lot different than I had expected.

The human boy had the vampire girl pinned up against the wall with a silver dagger.

He was trying to make her give up the location on the coven, of course she wouldn't do it, but he didn't seem to know it.

I could tell this guy didn't have a lot of experience with vampires.

While he had been distracted trying to pry information from her, she had gotten her hand up to his chest and without warning, gave him a shove.

He flew across the alley into the wall and then slumped into a heap of trash.

The vampire hadn't seen me yet and she turned to run from the alley.

"Fass!" I ordered, attack.

Bebe jumped up, grabbing the vampires arm.

She screamed, very loudly might I add, and started spinning, trying to pry Bebe off of her arm.

I lunged then, while her back was turned, and stabbed through her rib cage, right into her heart. Her body made a hissing sound as the Iron touched, first her skin, then her heart. She slumped forward dead.

It would be an understatement if I said that Dave was excited to learn from me, but he really was.

Apparently they didn't get a lot of vampire action around there, and he hadn't actually ever killed a vampire before.

That was how I ended up in this hotel. Dave and his buddy, Santino-both of them vamped up- had been living there for a couple of weeks. They had been trying to track this coven down, luckily I had showed up in time, if they would have went in blind, they would have been slaughtered.

"Dinner time boys." I said, when I came through the door. Dave and Santino were laying on the couch, fighting over the remote control. They shot up when they saw me with the Chinese food take out bag.

We ate dinner together and then I said,

"As much fun as this has been, I really need to keep moving. I've told you guys what I want and gave you the option to come along or not, but I've got to get moving again."

"What about the coven here?" Santino asked.

"Don't worry about that, they've been pretty dormant here for some time, I don't think they're going to do anything extreme anytime soon."