The Secret Life ((part 3))

I rated it R because of the sex scene - jsyk <3

I was so wiped out from the other two vampires that I couldn't fight her off. She pinned my arms behind my head with one hand and grabbed my hair with the other.

"Honestly," I told her. "I'm down to a little girl on girl, but you could have asked nicely."

She hissed and buried her face in my neck, biting down. I bit my lip so hard it drew blood. "Get off of me you dirty skank!" I yelled, and then I heard her scream, her body went limp on mine.

I pushed her off and sat up to see a fourth vampire standing over me with a nice looking blade in his hand. He had real fair blond hair, almost white looking, and purple eyes...or they looked purple.

"If this is the part where you expect me to beg for my life, don't hold your breath."

He chuckled at me and held out his hand. I stared at it as if it was infected.

"What the hell are you doing?" I scoffed, scooting back an inch.

"I'm giving you a hand up." He replied, not bothering to pull his hand back when I still didn't take it. I back up again and put one knee under myself, pushing up from the ground and onto my feet.

"I can do it myself, thank-you very much." I stepped down on my injured leg, testing it, before putting my full weight on it. Deciding it could hold me, I reached under my skirt and pulled out my dagger again. The vampire eyed it mysteriously.

"What is that for?" He asked.

My forehead wrinkled. "To fight you with?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Well I'm aware of that, but why would you want to do that. I mean, I did just save your life."

This caught me off guard and I touched the bite mark on my neck, which was already closed. "If you expect a thank-you you're not getting one."

"I don't expect a thank-you." He said. "But I do expect you to at least show a little gratitude."

This made me laugh. "Gratitude? I didn't even know vampires knew such a word. And if you really wanted my 'gratitude' you could have showed up a few minutes earlier when I was getting my head based in by psycho vamp over there." I said, pointing to fair-haired vampires pile of dust.

He looked me over, "You seem fine."

"Yea well, I heal fast." I informed him and then got in a fighting stance. "Are we going to fight or not?"

He surprised me by putting his dagger away. "I find no reason as to why I should fight you." He said. "And really, why should you want to fight me? I haven't done anything wrong."

I hesitated and then loosened my stance. "Why did you save me?" I asked.

"Chivalry." He said.

"Bullshit." I retorted. "Give me a real reason or this dagger will go through your heart."

He smiled, showing off all of his pearly white teeth. "You have no more reason to kill me than you do yourself."

"Excuse me?" I asked, tensing up again.

"Isn't that vampire blood running through your veins that makes you more strong and agile than your other human friends?"

My hand tightened on my dagger and I took a step forward. "How would you know that?" I hissed.

He smiled again but made no attempt to move. "I know a lot of things, Cheyenne. But that's not important, what is, is the fact that you're not going to kill me tonight."