Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Chapter 22)) The final Chapter.

~Cheyenne’s POV~

I felt a surge of adrenalin rush through my body and I tightened my grip on Jasmine; that was not mine. I closed my eyes and thought about Jace and then an image filled my mind -Jace on a battle field- and that was when I knew he wasn’t coming in for me.

I placed Jasmine down on the floor and went over to my weapons bag, pulling out the two stakes I had managed to keep. They were both in pretty bad shape from the brutal life they had and I promised myself I would retire them and get new ones if I survived this.

Wow I thought. I must be crazy if I’m promising my stakes retirement.

I shook my head and then turned to look at Jasmine. I knelt before her.

“Mommy has to go but she can’t take you with her. Will you stay here like a good girl?”

She looked up at me with her big, violet eyes and I couldn’t help the squeeze that my heart gave; I would do anything to see the one who she got those eyes from. She suddenly smiled a dazzling smile at me.

“Dotties.” She said, pointing to the vampires.

I turned to look in their general direction.

“Yes, they’ll keep you safe.”

She smiled again and started pulling on her booties.

“Please be a good girl.” I said, leaning down to kiss her head.

Before I left the room I locked the door from the inside and closed it. I couldn’t imagine a safer place to keep her. The two vampires glanced at me but then returned to staring at nothing. I couldn’t believe I was leaving my daughter’s life in the hands of the two vampires who had tried to kill me earlier today. As I started down the hallway in the general direction of outside, I saw a body laying limply.

Uriah.

The Warden’s son had a few holes in his head and there was blood everywhere. Can’t say I felt bad though, I mean he was the one who had locked me up with the vampires and intended that they kill me. I stepped over his fallen form and continue towards the exit. There was an annoying flashing red light in every corridor I turned. I believe they were ringing earlier, but the room we were in is pretty sound-proof.

As soon as I had left the room I was hiding in, I had found the door to the outside. Weirdly enough, I thought it was farther away, but I didn’t question it. I opened it up and stepped into the dark yard.

There were woods all around me which meant that the battle had to be going on somewhere through them. I had seen an open field, so my only choice was to walk.

I jogged for what seems like miles and then finally I could hear the sounds of battle. I stepped through the trees and took in what was happening.

There were crazies everywhere, but not as many as I thought there would be. A lot more were laying on the ground. I saw my Hunter’s out there fighting, though two were missing -Liam and Parker. Bebe and my dogs were with them as well and I felt my heart surge seeing her; you wouldn’t believe how much I missed that dog…and then my eyes fell on Jace. That red head girl, Anna I believe her name was, was next to him and I had to wonder why she was here. I felt jealously rising up its ugly head, but now was not the time for that.

Before I could take a step, Jace’s head snapped up and he caught eyes with me. Now my heart was really working on over time, all thoughts of jealously disappeared, and even from here, I could see his beautiful violet eyes.

But then a stupid vampire jumped on his back and bit into the side of his neck. I would be more worried, but I knew Jace and that was nothing to him. I scanned the area again and saw a dog laying on the ground. Without hesitating I ran towards it but even before I reached it I knew it was dead. It was Chase, one of the Cur’s and he had been Liam’s. I found that fitting, Liam was gone and something happened to his dog, but I couldn’t be upset. Two vampires descended on me and I had to fight.