Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 9))

I watched Jace walk as he led me to my daughter; I watched his muscles flexing and moving under his shirt and listened for his silent footsteps. I was so engrossed in watching him that I didn't realize when he stopped walking so I almost ran into his back. He froze when my face smacked into his solders and I quickly recoiled.

"Sorry," I whispered.

He turned to face me.

"Don't be sorry."

I watched him expectantly. When he didn't say anything I started getting impatient.

"So, where is she?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"She's in here."

He opened the door to the room that used to be my mom's and pushed it so I wouldn't have to touch him to get through. It took my eyes a second to adjust to the dark and when they did I realized that my mom's room was completely transformed into a baby room.

I looked over at Jace questionably.

"Doc has been here with Rayne and helped me out. He said it wasn't healthy to hold the baby all the time, but I don't see anything wrong with it..."

He trailed off when he realized I wasn't looking up at him anymore, I had started moving towards the dark cedar crib. When I got the to the gate I peeked over the edge and gasped; laying in the middle of the crib was the tiny baby that I had given birth to. She looked the same only different - her skin wasn't as red, it was more white and delicate looking and her hair was much darker now, more like mine.

Her little hands were in fists my her face so I reached down and rubbed them, trying to get to get her to relax. She wiggled under my touch and then slowly opened her eyes. I was taken aback once again by her eyes - his eyes. There was no doubt that this was his little girl because I knew no other eyes like those.

I looked up when I sensed Jace standing closer to me then he was before.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked him, suddenly curious.

"A few days," He replied. "Like three. I was worried but doc said it was normal, your body was just catching up on everything its been missing."

I blinked. Three days; I had finally made it home and I had wasted the time I could have been spending with my daughter sleeping.

"Have you and doc gotten close?" I asked, wondering if he told Jace about delivering Jas.

"Kind of." Jace admitted, looking down at our baby admiringly.

"We're kind of on the same boat now, only he knows a lot more about it then I do."

I wanted to hold her but I knew I was in desperate need of a shower. I backed up a few steps and moved towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Jace asked.

"To clean up." I told him. "I want to hold my...our baby."

Jace watched me leave the room and didn't object. I went into my bathroom and ripped all of the clothes off of my body. They held memories of the fight with James and that wasn't something that I wanted to remember. I turned the water on as hot as it would go and stepped into the shower, quickly lathering my body with soap and scrubbing as hard as I could. Memories bombarded my mind, memories of James touching me, kissing my body, taking advantage of me, sometimes when he thought I was sleeping.

I remembered him doing things to me and remembered that he wasn't just doing that to me, he was doing that to my baby too. I scrubbed harder, making my skin raw. I couldn't get him off of me, no matter how hard I scrubbed his memory was still on my skin.