Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 15))

I was scared, and its not often that I admit to that.

For the rest of that night I sat up in bed and thought about all of my options while stroking Bebe's thick, black fur. One thing was obvious, I had lost control tonight and that was not a good thing. I tried to stay positive but the scene kept replaying in my head; me going after Jace, trying to kill Jace, not recognizing Jace.

I had lost control before, gone to the 'dark place' as I like to call it; but never before has Jace not been able to reach me, I've always recognized him, no matter what. So that meant one thing, my darkness had grown with the drastic increase of power in the bond. I wondered if Jace could feel it too. Was that why he had lost his temper so bad with Doc and me? It had to be.

I closed my eyes and continued thinking, there had to be something I could do....something...

~

A forest, a dark forest. The dead leaves and grass are damp beneath my bare feet.

Where am I?

I look around and think about calling out but my instincts tell me that staying quiet is the better thing to do. It's strange, but as I stood in the middle of this dark forest, a place where I should not be comfortable, I feel more at ease then I have for a long time.

A twig snaps behind me and a whirl around only to come face to face with a beautiful girl. She's wearing a beige dress that cuts low in the front, revealing all of her cleavage; it clings to her body tightly and loosens up around her legs, she has on yellow heels.

I recognize her right away but for some reason seeing her presence doesn't bother me the way it should, and then I realize why. There is a dark aura around her, tethering on the edges with red; when she smiles at me I see her fangs, her eyes are glowing a light blue color which is a far stretch from the normal, violet they should be.

"Annie." I state.

Her skin looks even more pale next to the black aura, but I do notice that she looks healthier now then when I met her in person. Her platinum hair isn't dirty and gross and she's clean, probably smells nice.

"Cheyenne." She states back and then takes a step towards me.

"You're loosing it." She says.

I nod, "I know."

"There's a way out, but you know that."

I nod again and watch, mesmerized as her image falters, almost like a TV picture on a stormy day.

"I'll get rid of you," I tell her. "Because I'm stronger than you; I've already proven that."

She shakes her head and for a second, she's that ugly, tainted vampire from the night of our battle.

"You can never get rid of me, as long as your heart is beating, I will always be a part of you. As long as you're alive, I will live on too; and really, its just a matter of time before you don't exist anymore and its just me, running that beautiful little body of yours."

She reaches out, as if to touch me, but her hand goes through me. I can see the anger play on her face.

"You're wrong," I tell her. "Because this is a dream, in real life you're dead."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes..." I say, though the way she's looking at me makes me uncertain.

All at once she leaps at me and grabs me by the hair; before I can react she bites down onto my neck.

~

I wake up gasping and almost fall off the bed. Bebe jumps up and looks around frantically. I gasp until I catch my breath and then slowly, slowly bring my hand up to my neck. When I pull back and look at my fingers, they are red but when I go and look in the mirror there is nothing there but a faint scar from when Jace bit me so long ago. I go back into my room and Bebe's eyes meet mine. I can see the question and concern in them.