The Secret Life ((Part 15))

I couldn't get to sleep after Jace left.

It started with an ever so small shake.

It ended with me climbing out my window in my sluttest club clothes and jumping into my car.

Bebe followed me.

"No," I told her. "Nein. Bleib."

Bebe sat down and cocked her head to the side.

"Stay," I repeated in English, attempting to shove my keys into the ignition and failing.

I took a few deep breaths and tried again, they went into this time.

I pulled out of my driveway, leaving Bebe sitting, waiting for me.

I felt helpless, weak, as sat at the bar, sipping on a margarita.

Usually I went for the hard liquor, but for some reason I was in the mood for something fruity.

The tremors in my hands had subsided to moderate shakes, but I still felt them to my core.

The DJ changed the music, putting on 'These boots are made for walking' Jessica Simpson style.

Three girls got up on the bar wearing cow boy boots and cheered.

I watched them dancing with fascination and then decided to join them.

I had watched their moves and with my, vampirically developed brain, had already memorized them.

Guys were hollering, we were dancing, and I was having...fun?

When the song ended everyone in the bar cheered and the girls embraced each other.

I chose to pass on the whole 'embrace' thing and instead opted to find a way down.

A deeply tanned and strong looking hand shot up, offering me balance and support.

I smiled seductively at the blond haired farm boy with ocean blue eyes.

I also noted his perfect teeth and that his hair was bleached from the sun and almost closer to platinum than blond...almost.

"So my name is Cheyenne." I said, having not yet released his hand yet.

"I'm Nick, nice to meet you."

"Yea, nice to meet you too. Hey, do you want to get out of here?"

Nick arched an eye brow at me and looked around until his eyes landed on the table that his friends were sitting at.

I waved to them and pointed at Nick as if saying 'can I steal him?'

They hooted and hollered, he wouldn't be missed tonight.

Nick smiled at me and I tugged at his hand.

"Great, lets go."

We went to his hotel room which had a mini bar packed with liquor.

Oh heaven.

Nick talked about why he was here and what he was doing while I drowned myself in alcohol.

I hoped Jace could feel my buzz, it would serve him right always tapping into my emotions and showing up when I needed him...all the time.

I took one more shot of tequila and then turned to face Nick. He was sitting at the edge of his bed.

He smiled at me when I turned around.

I slowly slipped out of my clothes, very aware of his eye on me the whole time.