The Secret Moon ((Part 2))

I gave my biker directions to my house and then enjoyed the ride. That was one thing I missed about being with Austin, he used to always take me on motor cycle rides and nothing beats the feeling of the wind whipping through your hair.  

When he pulled into my driveway the automatic light on the house lit up. I felt Mr. Muscle biker wince and wondered why, I mean its not like the sun wasn't glowing already. 

"Thanks." I said, climbing off of the bike.  

My dress had hitched itself up much higher than it was already and I was grateful for my boobs, that held my dress up despite the --now two-- broken straps.  

"No problem." He said, his voice getting husky.  

His eyes were totally checking me out, which I can't say I minded because he was hot.  

"That's an interesting perfume you're wearing." He commented.  

My eye brows pushed together and I sniffed the air. The only thing I smelled on me was Jace's vampire smell, sweat, and...sex.  

My cheeks heated up a little and I backed away from him.  

"Yea, my favorite scent. Anyways, thanks again."  

I started walking away but his hand wrapped around my elbow.  

"Wait...is that carpet burn? Never mind, none of my business. I just wanted to know your name." He said, smiling.  

I sighed and turned to face him. He was a lot closer than I thought he would be.  

"Cheyenne. Now do you mind." I asked, pointing to his hand.  

He let go and held it out in an offering.  

"James." He said.  

I shook his freakishly warm hand and smiled.  

"Nice to meet you, Cheyenne." He said. "I hope to see you around."  

I shrugged.  

"If you're lucky."  

And with that I turned and jogged into my house.

I woke up at noon feeling very much like a boring person. I grabbed my cell phone from my bed and looked through my phone book.  

When Jane's name got highlighted I pressed 'talk.'  

She answered on the fourth ring.  

"Hey, where did you disappear to last night?" She asked me.  

I laughed. "Sorry, I went after Jace to make sure he was alright and then got stalled."  

She laughed a knowing laugh.  

"Yes, stalled."  

I rolled my eyes.  

"What happened with Dave?" I asked her.  

I knew she would be smiling right now and it made me oddly happy to know that Dave would have someone like Jane to like him.  

"We talked and danced and he drove me home and kissed me...but not anything hot and sweaty. Just a sweet kiss. It was all very...high school."  

This made me laugh.  

"Well Ms. High School, how about you come over and we go riding together?"  

I remembered Jane telling me once when I had first met her that she used to have horses. 

"I'd love to. Let me shower and change and I'll be there soon."