Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 13))

~Chey's POV~

Jace knows.

He knows about Doc coming to see me.

He knows about him being there for Jasmine's birth.

He knows about him leaving me in that motel room.

He also knows about him delivering Jasmine to the house and leaving her on the steps for him.

I don't know how he knows but he does and he hasn't talked to me for a few days because of it.

I found out he knew when Doc called me up a couple nights ago.

"Jace was just here." He said.

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and looked at the clock.

"Doc, its 3:20 in the morning, why the hell was Jace at your house?" I asked.

"Because he found out about me delivering Jasmine...he wasn't too happy about it."

I didn't say anything.

"Cheyenne, you still there?"

"Yea." I said, staring at the ceiling.

The only thing that my mind could focus on was the fact that he knew; Jace knew. What else did he know?

"How did he find out?" I asked Doc.

"Like I know? He just came over here screaming and hollering about trusting me and me stabbing him in the back...I know Jace really well, gotten to know him better over these last few months, and never before have I feared for my safety around him but tonight; it was like he was a different person. He was ranting and raving about how stupid he felt, how you and I have been tip-toeing around him, and then Rayne stated crying and he just stopped and left."

I absorbed all of this and then sat up in bed.

"How long ago was this?"

"Not even two minutes ago."

I waited for three more minutes and then heard the sound of gravel spinning out in the driveway.

Jace was home.

"Well, he's back now Doc. I'm really sorry about that."

"It's okay; I figured he'd find out eventually, I just wanted to warn you."

"Thanks Doc." I said before hanging up.

He had nothing to say to me; not then and not now.

We interact in each others lives everyday and only talk when we must and even that is only "can you pass that over here" "watch the baby" "did you feed the dogs?"

I know Jace and I hadn't been close since I'd been back but I was starting to miss his annoying persistence. Today was the last day I was going to put up with it.

Jasmine had just gone down for the night.

"Jace, you're being ridiculous." I stated as I sat on top of the kitchen counter, watching him wash dishes.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

Well at least he was talking to me.

"Ignoring me. How much longer do you think you can keep it up?"

He didn't reply.

"You're angry because Doc was there when I had Jas? Is that it? Because if so then that's a pretty stupid reason to be mad. At least he was there. If he wasn't I can only imagine what would have happened..."