Chapter 1

Jasmine's POV

RINGGG!!

"There goes that stupid hell of a bell." Said Austin, my best guy friend who was packing all his things in his plain black Jansport bag. "Hey, Joy. Look who's coming this way."

"Later. I need to call Violet." I exclaim.

"Call them later Joy. Someone wants to say hi." He insisted.

God, I hate it when he calls me Joy. It's either Jazz, Jazzy, or Jasmine. Like really. It isn't that hard; although the name reminds of the character 'Joy' from the movie Inside Out.

I look up to see who was Austin talking about.

Mason? Isn't he friends with the school's bad boy?

"What's up, man. Long time no see." Mason gives Austin the bro hug. I just roll my eyes and was about to walk straight out of my grade 12 Chemistry class, when Mason called my name. I turn around and walk back to them, questioning what's going on.

Before I could utter a word, Austin says, "Sorry man. Got to run. Catch you later." He walks over to me and clutches my arm as we both walk as quickly as possible out of the class, leaving Mason all confused.

"Jesus Christ! You didn't have to clutch my arm that tight!" I shouted while we were just standing by my locker which was not that far away from my Chemistry class.

He does this one side smirk, and says, "Yeah, well he was apparently trying to flirt with or hit on you, and I didn't feel like letting that happen. You can at least say thank you, you know."

I respond back in the same tone, "So? It's not like you got me out of Mr. Will's class. What I believe is that if you crave a thank you, you're going to have to try much harder than that." I smiled.

I started to walk down the hall and headed downstairs into the parking lot and when I turn back, I see that Austin was walking right behind me. All of a sudden he stopped for a minute. I also stopped and looked over to see what happened. He got circled by a group of girls asking for a selfie.

"Cut it out! All of you! It's time to go, as in exiting the building? Do I need to repeat myself in Spanish?" Said Austin, pushing them out of his way.

The girls wouldn't budge at all. They just kept on growing closer to him. I felt flashes of jealousy within me.

Why though? It's not like I have a thing for Austin, right?

But these girls are going off limits.

Just then Austin catches my eye. He seemed relieved when he saw me walk over to where he was.

"Ladies, if you'll excuse me, this man is having trouble breathing because of your stinky asses in the way. I recommend that you move out of the way before I make you." I snapped in their faces. Austin just looks at me, blankly, then he gives out a smile.

"You heard the girl. Out of my way, now." He said, joining me.

This one girl just looks at Austin with a confused face, then looks at me with an angry face. She looks like one of those slutty blondes. You can tell she smokes and drinks often. She has wrinkles all over her face and bags under her eyes. Even with the 20 pounds of makeup, you could still see her eye bags. Her hair is all frizzy and messy, and it looks like to me that she doesn't like taking a shower. Everything about this girl bugs me.

"Who do ya think ya are stealing this handsome guy from me? Do ya even know who I am? I can put ya on the streets this second ya know. Don't mess wit me, Egghead." She has this weird accent. It was those accents that Western people have.

She was a pain in the ass, and she called me Egghead.

That's it. She just got on my last nerve.

Time to take the garbage back to its home, to the dumpster.

"Listen here you piece of trash, if you don't go back to where you belong, which is the dumpster, I'll drag you there with my bare hands. And who do you think you are to call Austin your man? He doesn't date anyone, and he especially won't date you. It's better if you play like a USB and back up. Understood?"  I snapped at her.

I grabbed her by the wrist and took her to where the big recycle bins were and left her there. I gave her my death glare one last time, and I flipped my hair in her face and took off.

I see Austin coming, and by the look on his face, he was looking at me as if he got his period. It was hilarious.

"I see what you did there." He grinned.

I act all innocent and said, "What did I do?"

"I could've done the same - not that I was afraid to - but you made the move before I did."

"Yeah, so? I've known you since forever, and you don't date anyone. Besides, I know you weren't going to do anything so I had to save the damsel in distress." I smirk and he chuckles.

All of a sudden, I realize that my mom is going to kill me when I get home.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I should get going. And so should you." I say as I began to walk away when he grabs my wrist and stops me.

I turn around and was about to ask him why did he stop me, when he said, "You know your mom will kill me since I kept you long enough here. And don't worry, I'll drop you to your house."

"But I have my-"

"I picked you up this morning because you told me last night that your car was with the mechanics. Come on." He said, leading me to his car.

"Alright then," I said getting in the front seat of his red Ford Mustang gt500 2016.

"Hey Jasmine, do you mind coming to my house instead of yours?" He asked.

"Sure, can I ask why?" I say.

"My Mom and Dad are going out and I'm going to be at soccer practice. You're going to have to babysit my siblings. Today is a Monday, and I have a play off for basketball against Chris Wild and his team from our School." He said.

Did he just say what I heard? Chris Wild?

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!