Chapter 2

Chris Wild. I heard his name completely right.

The boy is everywhere. He lives just down the street from me, and our mothers are even long time friends yet he doesn't know my name, at least that's what I'm assuming.

I first met Chris when my mother invited her friend, Emily, over for dinner who just moved back to town. Our mothers knew each other when they were in college and they eventually drifted apart, but not too far apart. On that same evening, I had the displeasure of having to sit across from Emily's son, who just so happened to be my age, while our parents reviewed what had happened in the two years since they saw each other last.

He didn't even try to say 'Hello', alternatively, he just took a Gameboy out of his jacket pocket and proceeded to play Mario. I wanted to rip the Gameboy out of his hands and throw it out of the window...

But I didn't.

That was the last time I'd see him. Or so I believed.

We visited the same school for the next few years and we still are in the same school.
During freshman year, I grew to hate him. Not only did he exceed in sports and in academics, but he excelled relationship wise.

We find his acts of overconfidence vexatious, or at least I do when I talk about it, Violet and Jessica tend to agree; all though they find him inexplicably attractive.

God knows what they see in him.

Violet and Jessica find it odd that I know as much as I do about Chris's life, seeing as I despise the guy but I blame it on our mother's close friendship. Even our father's hang out a few times but it seems that we can't get along.

Speaking of my dad, he should be coming home from Mexico this week. I can't wait to see what he got for me.

We then pull in on Austin's driveway and I just remembered that I was supposed to call Violet.

Mind as well text her when I get inside.

"Hey, Mr. And Mrs.Summerstone!" I smile, handshaking their hands one by one.

"Hey there, Jasmine! How are you?" Said Mrs. Summerstone as she gave me a friendly hug.

We talked for a while and soon enough they left. It was only me, Austin, and his siblings in the house. I decided to finally text Violet, and then I texted my mom to tell her that I'm going to be home late.

"Muscle man, don't you need to be somewhere right now?" I asked Austin as he was doing a quick workout in his room. I was just sitting in his bed and on my phone.

He was wearing a gray sleeveless shirt with Adidas track pants. He looks charming in every way.

He looks over at me while lifting weight and gave out a small laugh."Muscle man huh? I like the sound of that. And no, soccer practice got canceled because not many people were able to come."

"Well if that's the case, then it looks like you brought me to your house for no reason." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, there's a reason."

"Okay, what is it?" I asked. He then walked over to the bed and sat down beside me.

"It's insane, but I'll say it." He said. "I've never felt this way towards a girl before. I know I'm a player, and emotions aren't my cup of tea. When you came along, everything changed. My habits, my attitude, my behavior, my grades, my feelings, everything. Shortly enough, you held a special place in my heart and hurting you was the last thing I wanted. I couldn't get you out of my mind, and I didn't know what to do when I found out. So then, I thought of avoiding you and making you dislike me, but that would hurt you and me. I'm just going, to be honest with you, and it'll be your choice to decide."

"Can you be more specific?" I ask in confusion.

Austin took a deep breath and said, "I'm falling for you, Jasmine. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I thought that maybe you won't feel the same, and so if I liked you secretly, I'd still have your friendship with me instead of confessing and losing you. "

And I'm speechless. My best friend is falling for me. Yeah, he made me blush a few times, and I find him attractive - hot actually - but I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship.

Austin is a wonderful guy despite him being a player and all, but he chose me. I'm just as ordinary as any other girls, but he found something good in me that created this friendship.

He could have chosen any of those popular, good looking girls because they fall head over heels for Austin. Instead, he chose me, an ordinary, typical nerd that has a shitty life despite her amazing friends.

"Austin, are you sure that this won't affect our friendship?" I ask.

"I mean, if you want to be just friends, then I'm okay with it." He says with a small smile, in which I know was a frown behind it.

I didn't want to upset him, and I wanted to give this a chance. I guess I've felt something for Austin too, but I never realized it.

Well, now I do.

That crush on him before came striking back. I thought it'd go away for good because I knew he wouldn't be mine, and now here he is, confessing that he likes me.

"I think I'd give this a chance," I say, and to my surprise, his face enlightened and formed a big, happy, yet a super gorgeous smile, and he engulfed me into a tight hug.

"You don't know how happy that makes me." He says.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!