Chapter 43

"Austin? Jake?"

For some reason, I was happy to see him again. The last time I saw him was when we were together...

I react without thinking: I run up to Austin and give him tight hug. He was caught off guard but catches me with ease and wraps his arms around me.

He's still my best friend, and this hug doesn't really mean anything. It's Chris that I choose now.

"I missed you." He says when he pulls off of the hug, but still holding me in his arms. I notice his eyes were twinkling and he had a huge smile on his face. All I could do was smile back, as my mind became blank because of the gorgeous smile he gave me.

"Ahem." Chris clears his throat. He takes large steps across the room towards me and pulls me away from Austin and into him. He gives Austin a pointed look before wrapping an arm tightly around my waist.

Austin clenches his fists and starts taking little steps towards Chris and I, but Jake stops him before he could beat up Chris.

"What are you even doing here?" Chris asks in an unwelcoming tone, to what I shoot him glare for, but he ignores it.

"I should be the one asking you that," Austin says.

"This is my girlfriend's house," Chris growls.

What? I thought I told him to take things slow.

Austin chuckles a little, "You're saying that as if this is your property."

I sigh, clearly annoyed with their stupid conversation, and say, "Get to the point, will you Austin?"

"Jasmine, do you know why I always disagreed with your choice of hanging out with Chris?" He asks, and I shake my head in response. "Chris, he's-he's a gang leader, Jasmine."

I stare at him in shock.

What did I just hear?

I then look at Chris who's looking at Austin like he's about to murder him. He must have sensed me staring at him because his head turns to me and anger replaces with concern.

"You don't trust him, do you?" Chris asks. I turn to face Jake, who's looking at all of us in confusion, then back at Chris.

"Answer me, baby." Chris gently demands.

"Since when did you give this dickhead the privilege to call you that, Jasmine?" Austin huffs.

"Shut up, Austin." Chris scolds.

"Not this time. I thought you were a good man, Chris. But no. You're the biggest liar I've ever met. How can you think about breaking her heart? How dare you think about that?!" Austin yells.

I'm so confused right now. What's Austin talking about?

"I don't know what you're talking about." Chris defends.

"You didn't tell her the truth yet, did you?" Austin slowly says while Chris stays silent.

What has Chris been lying to me about?

"I think it's time for you to leave." Chris orders, clearly irritated by Austin.

"I don't-"

"STOP!" I shout. I've had enough of their suspense.

If Austin is right about Chris being a gang leader, I need to know why he hid that from me and acknowledge anything that he's hiding. If Austin is wrong, then this proves that he's just jealous of Chris. Jealous that I chose him. That's he's making shit up so that I would hate Chris.