Chapter 49

Austin's POV

Not everyone is who we think they are. Just because you've known them for a certain amount of time does not mean you've recognized them inside and out. Just because you laugh and hang out with them does not make them special. Just because they did something nice for you does not make them a true friend.

People tend to mask who they really are, and once the time comes, they show themselves, and that's when everything falls apart.

That's when you realize that you cannot trust anyone. 

F***ing bastards.

I stomp hard on my gas pedal as I hear Adam and Jay telling me to slow down. At the moment I didn't care about anything. All I knew was that a guy whom I considered a friend betrayed me. 

Most importantly, he betrayed my girl. 

I can't imagine how Jasmine will react when she finds out Jake helped his monstrous brother to kidnap her. She'll just feel like everyone she trusts breaks her heart. First, Tom and then Steven. Then I did. Now the Wild brothers. 

She won't be able to trust anybody again if people keep on hurting her, betraying her over and over again. 

Those Wild brothers will pay for this. I'll make them pay. 

I slow down as I pull into his street, making a smooth right turn before parking my car in his driveway. I look up to see his bedroom window had its lights on. The living room light was also on, indicating that his parents were also home.

Great, they're all here. I thought to myself.

I quickly get out of my car and slam the door shut, Adam and Jay following me as we approach the porch. I obnoxiously knock on the door loudly enough.

"Coming!" I hear a deep, masculine voice shout. He opens the door, and without warning, my men and I barge in their house as I tell them to look everywhere for Jake.

"Whoa! What's going on here? Who're those men?" He asks, a glint of nervousness present in his eyes. 

I let out a low, humorless chuckle, "Like you don't know, Roger." 

Right when he was about to say something, I hear Jay saying, "I found the bastard!" I throw a glare at Roger before marching my way up the stairs and into Jake's room.

"Honey, what's going on?" Was all I hear from downstairs before I kick the door to Jake's room open. Jake was pinned to the wall by Adam and Jay. Three pairs of eyes met mine; two of them looking at me with a knowing look, while the other one was looking at me with fake innocence and confusion with a glint of anger.

The corner of my lips slightly turn up, and I close and lock the door before slowly making my way to Jake. The boys immediately move aside as I grab Jake by his collar, my eyes blazing through his, searching for answers. 

"What the hell man? What are you doing?" He asks.

"Where's my girl?" I practically growl at him.

"How the f*** am I supposed to know?! My brother's doing all of this and you know it!" Jake exclaimed. I throw a punch right across his left cheek as he winces in pain. He was about to collapse onto the ground but I grab him by his collar and steady him in front of me, ready to beat him up. 

"Why did you betray her? She trusted you enough to call you her friend, and this is what you do in return?" I ask, trying my best to remain calm. 

"I swear to god you've got the wrong person! It's not me! Why would you even-" I cut him off by throwing another punch across his face hard enough to let him collapse to the ground, creating a loud thump noise, making him groan loud enough for his parents to hear. I hear his parents running up the stairs and approaching the door to this room. They bang on the door multiple times, telling me to open the door, but I ignore them instead.

"Tell me or else I'll beat you so bad the doctor who delivered you will feel it!" I snarl in his face, my broad shoulders set in determination, my eyes daring him to challenge me. 

"Austin, you lost her, forever. Move the f*** on!" Jake states. I feel the anger running up my veins with every word he said. "She's not coming back! It's been four long months. I know my brother. He probably stole her heart and got her carrying his child. She ain't coming back, Austin. Have my word. She doesn't love you any-"

Before he uttered another word, I threw multiple punches at him; a couple across his face, and a couple in his stomach. I tackled him to the ground, my punches never stopping. He hit me on my face in self-defense, but the adrenaline in me powered up and with all my might as I punched him till he bled to death.

I couldn't help myself. The way he talked about Jasmine made my blood boil. The thought of her being with somebody else, especially a guy like Chris felt like a knife was stabbed right in my heart, twisted, taken out, then stabbed again.

It hurt, and at the same time, I felt my love for Jasmine get more and more intense. 

I heard Adam and Jay yelling my name over and over again, but my mind chose to ignore it and continue beating the life out of Jake until I could hear him say between his breaths, "F-fine. I'll tell you."

-----------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Because You're MineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara