Chapter 22

That Afternoon - 1:30pm

"Mommy, can I have food?" Asked my little cousin, Jenny.

"Ya want juice?" My aunt asked and Jenny nodded. "Goodies. Let's get ya some juice, then we can head home. See ya later guys. By darlin and take care!" They take their belongings and head out the room.

"Bye!" Mom waved.

"And now I'm bored once again," I exclaim as I changed my position and lay down on my bed, my head resting on the soft pillow.

These moments are moments when I need Austin to accompany me; to entertain me; to hug me. He can be vexatious, overprotective, over possessive, and absurd at times, but I cherish him in every way.

"Don't worry kiddo. Right now is a pretty good time to rest." Dad said as he got up from his chair and walked over to the window to close the blinds.

I was told to get as much as rest as possible and gain energy, so my routine will be sleeping and eating almost all of the time.

"You want to be wide awake for your boyfriend." My mom chuckled.

"Yeah." I smile before shutting my eyes.

**

"You're dinner." My nurse smiled at me as she served me my dinner. For dinner, I'm having an egg salad and apple juice. My mom took the fork in her hands, took some salad and fed me.

"I can feed myself too," I exclaim.

"You're lucky I'm doing everything for you so quit talking and eat." My mom said, smiling a bit.

"When will dad be home?" I asked. Dad had some emergency and he left.

"I'm not sure, but don't you worry." My mom said as she took some salad and fed it to me.

It was ten after three, meaning that school was over. I did get my sleep, but for only thirty minutes. If I slept too much now, then it'd be difficult to sleep in the night.

"So, I didn't get to ask you why Tom came this morning. Is there something you need to tell me?" Asked my mom as she walked over to my bed and sat down beside me.

"Yeah, there is," I reply, frowning.

I then explain to my mom whatever happened yesterday at the coffee shop. I told her that we were talking and laughing when all of a sudden I needed to be excused, so I went outside for fresh air, but Tom called my name from behind.

I also told her whatever he tried doing to me, and that I pushed him and called him a bastard, and he hates it when anybody calls him a bastard. He was about to slap me, but Austin came to my rescue.

The part that shocked my mom the most was that Tom had apologized to all of us, and gave Austin a hug, and also whispered something in his ear.

I told mom that when Tom came today, he told me what he whispered in Austin's ears, and it was something he always wanted from me. Mom got really angry by that, but I calmed her down and continued my story.

Austin then started to beat the hell out of Tom. We all tried to apart the two boys; when I tried to stop Austin, he gave me a light shove, indicating that I should stay out of the way just so I wouldn't get hurt.