Chapter 29

That same day - after school

The school was finally over, and as much as I hate to say it; I missed school.

In English, we started reading Julius Caesar by Shakespeare. I must say that it's pretty boring, but funny too because of Jake who was trying to mimic a certain person's voice while Jessica and I were laughing silently.

Luckily, I didn't have to read. People were assigned characters last week.

Right now Jake and I were with my friends outside of the school by the parking lot. Jake and Jessica told Alex and Dave what happened, and Dave and Alex were very happy.

"Okay, so who's going to who's car?" Jessica asked.

"I have a seven seater. All of us will fit in." Jake replied.

"But Alex and I brought our cars," Cheryl said. We do this every day, actually. Two of us bring our cars and pick up our friends, then head to school together.

"Then you two come in your own cars, while we go in Jake's," Dave suggested.

"Alright. Let's go then." I say. We all get in our cars and head out of the parking lot and onto the road. I find cars riding without music pretty boring, so I ask Jessica who sat in the passenger seat to turn on the radio and see what songs were playing, and luckily my favorite one was currently playing. It was called Shape of You by Ed Sheeran.

I couldn't help but sing along to the song. It was pretty attractive and I love it. I was so preoccupied in my singing that I was oblivious to my surroundings.

"The club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go, hmmmhmm.." I sing. "Me and and my friends at the table doing shots drinking fast and then we talk slow."

"Jazz!" I hear Jessica tell. I then realized that I wasn't paying attention to her calling out to me numerous times.

"Yeah, sorry. I was mesmerized by the song." I say.

"So I've heard," Jessica says in a non-surprising tone.

"You were saying?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Nothing really. I was just saying that you sing pretty well, don't you guys think?" She says.

The thing is that singing is just my hobby, not really a passion. I sing along to my favorite songs because they're my favorite, and I usually get so preoccupied with the singing that I'm unaware of what's going on around me.

Sometimes when this singing stuff happens my friends say things like "You should be a singer!" or "Participate in the school talent show!"

I, obviously, don't listen to that. You see, singing isn't my passion, and it will never be. I just sing for fun.

"You know, you should consider singing as a crucial part of your life. I mean, you seem to be so interested in it." Jake suggests.

"It's only interesting because I like to sing. That's it." I say.

"At least consider it. Can't you do it for us at least?" Violet asks.

"I don't think so." I protest. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my singing."

"Ugh." Violet groans.

"I'm in love with the shape of you, we push and pull like a magnitude. Although my heart is falling too, I'm in love with your body..."

**

Meanwhile in Adelaide, Australia - Chris's POV

He ruined our lives. He killed him. Now, he'll taste his own medicine from us.

I'll do whatever it takes to avenge him, even if I have to kill, I'll do it.

"Are you ready?" He said.

"Yeah. What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"We attack." He replied.

"They're smart too, you know." I huff.

"Are you forgetting who I am?" He growled.

"I know, I know. The most powerful leader. Not surprising." I roll my eyes.

"At least you know something." He paused. "Lou is calling. I'll call you later."

"Yeah."

--------------------------

Can you figure out what Chris is hiding? Who does he want to avenge? Who ruined his life? Who was Chris talking to?

By the way, who here loves SHAPE OF YOU by ED SHEERAN? I really love it!

--------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!