Chapter 12

My friends left after an hour we came to my house, and now it was only Austin. He chose to hang around until Cheryl comes, which I hope won't be soon. Dad had to go somewhere, so he wouldn't be home soon.

Austin turns on the T.V while I go into the kitchen and make myself and Austin a delicious snack.

"Here is you bagel sandwich. I added extra hot sauce for you." I said as I handed Austin his plate and sat down beside him on my cream sofa.

"Tasty." He said as he chewed on the sandwich. I then took a bite from mine to see if he was telling the truth or not.

Yum.

I must say, I have good taste in making food. But it's no fun eating without watching something on television.

Speaking of, I can't find the remote.

"Where's the remote?" I ask.

"With me," Austin answered.

"Can I have it?"

"Nope." He replied.

"Why?" I think I'm asking too many questions.

"Because I'm using it." He said, fidgeting with the T.V remote.

"Are you going to keep on staring me down or what?" He sighed in defeat. I was glaring at him because I needed that remote back.

I then snatch the remote from his hand and give him a fake smile, saying, "Thank you." Austin rolls his eyes and goes back to eating.

I look at the corner of my eye and see him staring at me. I overlook his piercing eyes on mine and finish off my bagel sandwich. We were finally done, so I take both plates and towards the sink.

I return back into the living room and sit back down. But now the remote is in Austin's hand.

Damn it.

"What's with you and the remote?" I ask.

"A special bond." He sneers.

All of a sudden I get a text from my mom. I gesture Austin and he moves in closer to me as we both read my mom's text.

Hey.
The reason I need you to go with Chris is that he has to go to Australia to cover up for his dad's business since his dad is gone for a two-month tour for his business.
I know you're not going to be comfortable with him just yet, but we're going to see his family and him on Saturday. I'll be back tomorrow at 3 pm, just to let you know.
I've talked with Austin's mom about when he's going and all that. I've booked your tickets for the same flight as Austin, and Chris's mom had done the same. Unfortunately, he'll be on a different flight and he will come to Australia a week after you guys.
I'll send you your ticket information as well right now. Just make sure everything is right and confirm it with Austin.
Long msg, I know. Anyways, bye, and once again, sorry for last night. Take care.

My brain hurts from all that reading.

"I still don't agree with the fact that I have to stay with Chris," I said, disappointed.

"Don't worry about it. It's not like he's going to be around for a long time. We might live in the same household, but hopefully, it won't make a difference." Austin said smoothly.

"But Austin, what if it does make a difference? What if it affects us?" I said sounding troubled.

Austin placed a kiss on my forehead and looked at me with his deep blue eyes. He then said, "No one, and I mean no one can get in between us."