Chapter 16

The Next Day

Last night was a blast. Since the girls were still at my house, they volunteered to take their car and put my luggage in theirs.

"We're ready to go," Cheryl said as she and Jessica finished putting in three of my suitcases.

I was actually only going to bring one suitcase and one handbag, but I'm a girl, and I need half of my house with me everywhere I go. Last minute packing always happens, so we packed the two suitcases yesterday night.

Right now it was noon, and we had to go for lunch in half hour at a café. The boys were meeting us there.

"Is everything ready?" My mom asked as she came out of our house.

"Yes," Violet replied.

" I called Dave and he said they were all ready. They're just waiting for your cue to leave." My dad said.

"Dad? Mom?" I ask before stepping in Cheryl's car. "Are you two coming to the airport?"

My dad smiled at me and said, "Of course, pumpkin."

"Dad, cut with those nicknames." I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong with them?" Dad protested.

"Seriously Arson, she isn't a five year old now," Mom exclaimed.

"Thanks, mom." I smile. "See you two at the airport." I then hop into the front seat of Cheryl's car as Jessica and Violet take a seat behind us. We wave my parents goodbye and drive away to meet up with the boys.

30 minutes later

"Is it time to leave yet?" I ask as I take a bite on my croissant.

"Calm down. It hasn't even been thirty minutes yet." Dave chuckled at my anxiety for going to Australia.

"Exactly, what's the rush?" Cheryl added as she took s sip from her iced coffee.

"Nothing I'm just excited," I reply. "So, what did you boys do last night?"

"We played Halo and GTA 5. Then, we ordered pizza from Dominos. We even watched Jurassic World." Austin explained.

"I'm getting too anxious, so I'll just step a foot out here and relax. Be back in a few." I stood up from my chair and headed outside.

"Hey, Jasmine!" I hear a familiar voice say as I stop walking towards Cheryl's car. I turn around to see who was calling out to me.

The second I saw his face, waves of frustration and flames of hatred came over me.

"You," I say bitterly as he walks over to me.

"Jasmine, sweetheart, long time no see." He smirks.

" He smirks