Chapter 45

A week and a half later

Austin's POV

I swear, I should have told Jasmine about tonight a week ago. It's literally almost time to go and I'm ready, but Jasmine has been upstairs in her room for the past hour and a half doing god knows what. Here I am walking around her living room and kitchen like a madman, asking if Jasmine is ready every five minutes.

Wondering what I'm doing here before she's ready?

Basically, my mom didn't want to buy cookies this time because I ate them all in a week, and Jasmine has a bunch of different types of cookies stored in her kitchen, so I've come to take over that after getting ready. And, to spend some "alone" time with my girl, of course, but she was getting ready so all I did was ate cookies and watched tv for an hour and a half.

Like, what takes girls that long to get ready? Do they do everything as slow as sloths?

All they need to do is put on some clothes, some makeup, some jewelry, touch up their hair, and they're ready to go. That can be done between twenty to thirty minutes.

"Jasmine, are you ready yet?" I yell.

And for once in the past hour and a half, she replies with, "Just a sec, babe! I'm coming!"

When I hear her footsteps coming down the stairs, I get up from the sofa and grab the remote to close the tv while saying, "Took you long enough. What were you even-"

As I turn around to face her, I was astonished by the sight in front of me. She looked incredibly hot in her formal nylon pale yellow vintage dress.

Her dress had a sheer overlay on top which showed off her neck and collarbones, a neckline bordered by cotton lace appliques and more appliques on the front of the huge, full skirt. To top it off, she had on eye liner and red lipstick which made her look hotter.

She looked so beautiful, so bright, so delicate, so festive

She looked so beautiful, so bright, so delicate, so festive. I couldn't stop grinning and gawking at her like a goddamn idiot.

"Well, how I do look?" She asked after a minute or two when I didn't say anything.

My grin extended as I said, "Like a princess. My princess." This formed a beautiful smile on her face, also making her cheeks go red.

I loved when she blushed. She looked adorable when she did.

"That's why I took so long to get ready." She smiled. "You look good yourself too."

"Thanks." I smiled back, then checked my phone for the time. "We're twenty minutes late to Violet's eighteenth."

"Vi's eighteen now. You turned eighteen two months ago, Cherry and Dave are also eighteen now. I feel like a baby. You're all pre-adults except me." She crosses her arms over her chest intimidatingly.