Chapter 23

"Finally you're here." I smile.

"Hello to you too." He smiles back. He greeted my mom, then he walked over to me and gave me a kiss.

"How was your day?" He asked while setting his bag down on the sofa. He began to pull out a package and handed it to me.

"It was alright. What's this?" I ask as I unwrap the package.

"This is the book you've been dying to read. " Austin replied.

"Thanks a bunch." I chuckle as I placed the book beside me and handed the wrapper to my mom to throw away.

"Jasmine, you have something to tell Austin, remember?" My mom interrupted.

"Yeah, when I opened the door, I heard Jasmine say 'wait until Austin finds out about this'. Is there something I need to know?" Austin suspiciously asked as he looked at me then at my mom.

"There is something you need to know, actually." My smile turns into an emotionless, firm expression. I was scared and nervous on the inside, mainly because of how Austin's reaction will be like when he hears about Tom coming here and what did to me.

"I'm all ears." He encourages as he sat down beside me.

"Tom paid me a visit." I quickly say.

"WHAT?!" Austin's expression turned from calm to angry and his eyes started to fill with hatred when hearing Tom's name. My mom just stood there, unexpected of the situation. "Um, I'll leave you both to figure this out." She says as she walked out of the room.

"That asshole. Why did he come here? What did he do you?" He firmly asks while checking my face if there weren't any marks. He pauses when he sees marks on my neck.

"That monster. What happened?"

"Nothing to be worried about," I reply.

"That means he did something when he came." He states. That was my cue to explain myself about what had happened.

I told Austin what Tom had whispered in his ear; Tom had told me that, and my god, I couldn't be madder at that point.

"He hurt you to get me." He says to himself while looking away in distance.

"I had messaged my parents the moment I found out who he was, and right before I could've died, I was saved," I say.

"No," Austin says. "Nothing will happen to you. I'm not letting you die." Austin was very upset and I could tell that by hearing the fact that I could have died once again frightened him. He couldn't bear the same thought twice.

"I couldn't fight back, but I did all I could, even though it didn't work well. I called him a bastard and he hates that. I stayed strong, so even though I thought that it was the end of me, I couldn't have died that easily." I soothingly say.

"Shut up, would you? Always talking about death." He annoyingly says. I chuckle and he pulls me into a warm hug.

It felt like this hug would last forever. It felt like he was more than happy to have me in his life. A weird feeling started to form inside my body, but I couldn't make out what it was.

**

"Jazzy Darlin, dat family from da zoo are supposed to be coming today, right?" Aunt Liza said.

She decided to come over again, mainly because Jenny wanted to see me again. She talked to me on the phone a while ago, and I told her that Austin was with me, and was she super excited to meet him.