Chapter 14

My mom and Emily kept on talking about their work life, their personal life, and both of their past, which was when Emily and my mom were very good friends. They still are, but they became distant lately because of family reasons.

Me, on the other hand, was getting bored. I just kept checking my phone every few minutes and looking around the house, admiring its beauty.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Emily said. "Let me introduce you both to my sons."

Sons? Chris has a brother? Since when?

"Chris! Jake! Come downstairs!" Emily yelled. "I'd like you to meet my friend and her daughter!" I quickly call Austin before the boys come.

"Austin, you there?" I whispered while covering my mouth with my hand. There was no response from him, so I tried again saying, "Babe?"

"Babe? And I thought I was the only one flirting." Austin finally replies.

"Shut up. Chris is about to come along with his brother." I inform him.

"But how-"

"He's coming," I said in a low voice, cutting him off.

Chris comes downstairs, followed by his brother, Jake. Jake was pretty tall, I must say. He had short, straight brown hair, and he was wearing a white shirt with dark blue jeans.

Chris pauses when he sees me. I didn't seem too surprised. Chris was wearing a plain black shirt which was covered with a dark green jacket, and blue jeans, his hair was perfectly messy.

His brother saw Chris just looking at me confusingly, and asked, "What's with you?"

"I never knew you had two sons," I say nervously.

"Is this your friend's daughter, mom?" Jake asks while smiling at me.

"Yes," Emily answers, but also giving Jake a look that clearly meant to not flirt around with me. Every boy finds me attractive. Well, except Chris.

"Hi. I'm Jake." He says as he shakes my mom's hand, then mine. When shaking my hand, he kind of grabs and squeezes it, giving me a flirtatious, uncanny, and revolting look.

"Uh, hi. I'm Jasmine." I say as I removed my hand from his. I quickly wipe it off on my jeans.

Yuck.

"This is my elder brother, Chris," Jake says, patting Chris's shoulder. He just gives Jake a glare which shut his mouth.

"Who the hell does Jake think he is?!" Austin was practically raising his voice, and I had to stop him by saying, "Shush."

Chris gives me a look as if saying, "What the heck are you even doing?". While as Jake; he won't stop looking at me, and I already dislike him. He's giving me a very uncomfortable, flirty look, and he isn't hesitating to take his eyes off of me.

"I'll rip out his heart if he even tries to touch you," Austin growled.

"Calm down." I chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Emily asks me.

"Um, nothing. I was just- I was recalling something funny. Nothing else." I stutter.

Now that I think about it, it's making me laugh a little. This one time, Alex and Violet were discussing something, and Alex decided to bring up a bit of laughter, so he told Violet something hilarious while she was drinking her water. With that, Violet spilled the water from her mouth and onto Alex's face, which was the moment I came in, laughing really hard.

"Um, alright then. You kids can talk here while I show Jane some things upstairs." Emily said as she and my mom went upstairs leaving me alone with the two boys.

"So, Jasmine," Jake says, smiling at me as he sat down beside me. I gently shift over and give him look that doesn't make him come any closer to me. "Tell me about yourself." He encouraged.

Chris was sitting on the single sofa in front of us; he was on his phone, but also listening to Jake's attempt on flirting with me. "Uh, sure," I say.

"The next time I see Jake I'll-" Austin stops when I interrupt him with a cough. "Sorry. I'm just possessed over what's mine."

Don't blush, Jasmine.

"I go to Riverside High, like your brother," I say looking over at Chris. He just impartially looks at me then back at his phone. He was always like that since he was a kid. "And, um, I have no siblings, and I live with my parents," I smile.

Jake looks at me suspiciously, then asks, "Is that all?"

Is he crazy or what? Why does he want to look deeper into my life?

"He's getting on my nerves," Austin says impatiently.

"You need to relax," I say. I say it in a way that I'm telling it to Austin, and Jake.

"Tell me about yourself, Jake." I sweetly say.

"Hmm, okay then." Jake shrugs. "I'm 16 years old, I'm going to Australia with my brother, and I'm 5'8", while Chris is 6 feet," Jake says.

"Pssh. I'm taller." Austin says.

"Exactly." I turn around slightly and whisper into the microphone, smiling.

"Interesting," I say as I turn back around to face him. "But, my boyfriend is 6'3." I brag. This is one way he'll go distant from me, hopefully.

I hear Austin chuckle about me bragging about him. He likes it when people show him off.

"Wait, you're taken?" Jake asks.

"Yes," I say as I blush a little, also I form a huge smile on my face.

"What's his name?"

"Austin and I'm better than you, punk. Don't try to steal my girl from me." Austin sneered.

"Austin," I reply, smiling.

"That's all you say? Man, I hate you." Austin growls.

"Uh, that's cool." Jake stutters. I can tell he's already jealous.

"Babe, brag about me some more," Austin says eagerly. I really want to put him in his place, but then everyone here would find out that I have a microphone on.

I just smile at Jake, but say nothing more. Chris, however, he's still being himself, and as far as I know him, he'll never change.

If only he get's a permanent girlfriend, and I definitely do NOT mean those random, slutty girls that he has every week. Maybe, a regular girl like me, but not me, that can change his life from being a bad boy to a normal man.

But, why do I even care? I don't like him, at all. I'm just stating a school-wide opinion.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!