Chapter 21

It was Tom who paid me a visit. The second I saw his face, I knew why he had locked up the doors of my room.

He was willing to get revenge back at me from yesterday. Austin had beaten Tom up so bad that he had bruises on his face. His left eye was slightly smaller than his right eye, his cheeks were swollen, and there was a little cut on his nose. As for his body, I couldn't really identify if there were any bruises except on his arms because he wore black jeans with a blue shirt.

His arms looked bruised because of the way he positioned them in front of me; they were sort of bent from the elbow, and I suppose he wasn't able to really keep them straight because he got his elbow injured yesterday by Austin while fighting.

I'm glad though. Tom deserved it.

In fact, I think Austin should've bruised him more.

I've learned how to handle these sort of situations from Austin. He taught me how to defend myself using specific ways at his training place here in Canada when he was a part of his gang.

His gang was created here in Canada, and it had always stayed here, but now that Luke has a brother who's willing to take revenge on Austin's gang has invited them over to Adelaide, Australia.

Luke's brother lives in Adelaide, and that is why he invited the gang over there. Austin had two gang members which are currently in Adelaide since they're from there; it's their hometown. It's easier because they've arranged a place to stay in, which was in an apartment. One of the gang members came from a rich family, so he might have asked his family about renting that apartment to his gang members.

Yes, his family owns that apartment and has also agreed on letting his gang members stay there for two months. Little did they know that the leader of the gang, which is Austin, was bringing his girlfriend and the risk factor of me staying in an environment like that could be pretty risky.

Austin didn't want to leave me, and neither did I, so I was going to be tagged along in this trip.

Austin wouldn't be able to stay with me as much, because of his littlest missions in the gang, and since he is the leader of the gang, it's compulsory to go there.

But, he did promise me that he will make time for me twice and week, meaning he won't really go to his gang area, but instead he'll stay with me, although he's required to be getting updates on the gang on those days, and he might have to go there in case of an emergency, but otherwise he'll stay with me.

I should be tensed and worried that Tom, my ex, is here in front of me, all alone, and he is capable of plenty things.

The reason why I'm not worried is that since I've learned some techniques and ways of how to handle these situations from Austin. But the fact was that I was weak, and Tom could easily take an advantage of it.

So, what I did was that I secretly took my phone which was luckily beside me on my bed and texted my mom to get up here and bring a nurse or a doctor.

Tom didn't notice, and if he did, he didn't say anything. He just smirked at me and then asked, "How are you, gorgeous? I suppose you're more than happy seeing me like this, am I right?"

"Get out before I make you, Tom," I said with a cold and hardened voice.

"Darling, that's just not possible. You still love me like you used to when we were together. Besides, you're too weak to fight." He deviously smiled as he took steps closer to my bed.