Chapter 20

As my eyes slowly opened, I notice myself still in bed, alone. At least, that's what I thought. Austin walks into the room and smiles wide when he sees me awake.

I noticed that he was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a gray sleeveless, translucent shirt. His arms were fully showing.

My god, he was so muscular. I probably stated that fact a thousand times, but it's totally undeniable and I couldn't resist but just gaze at his arms. I melted away in thoughts about him, not knowing how oblivious I became.

"Jasmine?" He asks as I come conscious and out of my zoned out world.

"Yeah, I'm cool," I reply. I attempt to sit up, but since I'm weak it's difficult. Austin helped me up and adjusted me into a comfortable position. He then walks towards the chair and searches for something in his wallet.

All I was able to do was yawn because I was extremely sleepy.

"Tired?" Austin asked.

"I gue-" I was cut off when the nurse walked into my room with a cart that contained my breakfast tray, and it included small organic and original orange and apple juice packages, some crackers, a bowl of cereal and a small milk carton.

"Just what I wanted." I happily say.

"Your breakfast, miss." The nurse places the breakfast tray on the slider tray and pulls it towards me as I began to eat.

She then opens the curtains to let the ray of sunlight strike my face, which bothered me a little, but in a few seconds, I got used to it. "Good day." The nurse smiles at me and then exits out of the room.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Ten after eight."

"I'm up that early?" I groan. I thought it was around nine thirty, but I seem to be creating a habit of waking up before nine almost every day.

"I woke up at seven, so I should be complaining," Austin says.

"Going to school?"

"Unfortunately. But I'm not leaving until your dad or mom arrives here." He said as he walked over to the bed and sat down. He took the spoon from my hand and fed me instead.

**

It was now noon. My parents had come around nine, and after that Austin left for school. He would be coming around four to see me, and our friends who were to come around five. Then, my cousins would come around seven.

I had a busy day ahead of me, but I enjoyed the company.

"Darlin, I still cannot believe dat all of dis happened to ya." Said aunt Liza in her accent.

"Yeah, it was all just a tragedy," I exclaim.

All of a sudden, the nurse walks in the room and asks, "Miss Jasmine? There is someone here to visit you. Should I let him in?"

Him? Maybe it's Austin. But, didn't he go to school? It's not even lunchtime at school yet, so he cannot leave class. It could be Austin's dad, but he should be at work at this point.

"Uh, sure," I say. "Could you guys give me a minute?"

"Sure thing, kiddo. We'll just get something to eat on the second floor. Message or call us if necessary." My dad replies.

"Okay."

My parents and my aunt exit out of the room and my mom gives the man a death glare. I couldn't see the man's face because his back was facing me.

I feel my heart pounding fast. Who was this man?

This so called man walks in my room backward and closes the door. What scares me is that he locked the doors from inside.

"Sweetheart, you shouldn't be panicking." The man had a deep, familiar voice. I recognized the voice, but couldn't make out who he was. He was still talking with his back facing me.

"Who-who are you?" I stutter. I was freaking out.

The moment he turns around, my heart skips a beat. I then realized why he had closed the doors. Flames of hatred and waves of dissatisfaction came through my body.

It was him.

---------------------------------

I had to do this.

I had to leave the story with a cliffhanger, so that way you'll be expecting more chapters of this story, which will be out in a couple of weeks.

You're probably anxiously waiting for the next chapter already.

*Deviously smiles*

--------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!