Chapter 28

Tuesday

"Ready Jasmine?" Mom said as she picked up my school bag and another bag which contained my belongings.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

It was finally the day of my discharge from this hospital. It was currently eight in the morning, and I told myself to go to school today, so I woke up extra early in order to be on time.

Dad was dropping me off since mom had to go to work after a week of vacation, which was necessary because I was in the hospital.

We then walked out of the room after making sure we got each on of our belongings and waved the doctor who was passing by a goodbye. We made our way to the front of the hospital and I saw Dad's car waiting.

"See you soon," She said as she gave me right hug. "I'll drop your stuff at home then head off to work."

"Okay. I love you." I say as I pull off the hug, smiling.

"Love you too. Have a good day and take care of yourself." She said as I took my school bag from her hand and walked towards Dad's car. I then hop into the front seat, placing my bag on my lap and buckled my seatbelt. I waved my mom goodbye and the car took off out of the hospital area and onto the road.

"So, are you ready for school?" Dad asked while keeping eye contact on the road and steering.

"I guess so," I reply.

"You know, Jake is in your English and History class," Dad says.

Dave was in my History class, and our teacher was Mr. Wills. He was the boring, pathetic and lame teacher who teaches history as if he was talking about his own. English was Mr. David, a teacher who likes talking about his boring life.

I'm not happy to return back to their class, and I never will be. "Well, that's good." I smile. It's good to have another friend with me.

All of a sudden I hear my phone vibrate from my bag. I then pick up my bag and place it on my lap, putting my hand in to find my phone.

Found it! I pull out my phone from my bag, placing it back on the ground of the car and look to see a call coming from Austin.

Me: Hello?
Austin: Hey. Are you on the road? I hear cars passing by.
Me: Yeah, dad is dropping me off at school.
Austin: Nice.
Me: I'm pulling up in our school just now, so I'll call you inside, okay?
Austin: Yeah, no problem.

"We're here kiddo." Dad parked the car as I grabbed by bag and got ready to get out.

"Okay, see you after school." I smile as I shut the door. He waves goodbye before I take off.

As soon as I got in the school and to my locker, I began calling Austin.

Austin: Joy!
Me: *chuckles* Hey, babe. What's up?
Austin: Nothing much. Just the usual.
Me: I bet you get fed up with this.
Austin: I do.
Me: I wish all of this could be over.
Austin: Don't worry, it will as soon as I get my hands on Luke's brother.
Me: Any updates on him?
Austin: No. He's too secretive. He has his nephew running his gang while he orders people and bangs girls.
Me: Oh my...
Austin: Yeah. He's a total jerk.
Me: Do you at least know where he is?
Austin: Not really. His nephew is in Adelaide though.
Me: Maybe that'll help.
Austin: Hopefully.
Me: Yeah...
Austin: Enough about me. Isn't it your first day of school after the accident?
Me: Yeah.
Austin: Excited?
Me: Sort of.
Austin: Let me guess, you don't like our teachers, and you will have lots of work to catch up on.
Me: I love how you know.
Austin: Right?
Me: But hey, there's something you should know.
Austin: Which is..?
Me: It's about Jake and Jessica.
Austin: Tell me then.

And so I explain everything that happened between Jake and Jessica, but not how it happened. We were talking about my feelings towards Austin, which lead to Jake and Jessica confessing their love plus kissing.

Austin: Wow.
Me: That was exactly my expression.
Austin: How did it lead to that?

Oh no. What am I going to tell Austin? I can't just say that I love him. At least, not yet.

Me: Normal conversation.
Austin: I see...
Me: Yeah.
Austin: Is there something you want to tell me?
Me: Um, no.
Austin: Are you sure?
Me: Yes.
Austin: I don't think so, but feel free to tell me anything.
Me: Don't worry. I will.
Austin: Good girl.
Me: *chuckles*
Austin: I need to get going. Adam is calling me. He has some information about Luke's brother.
Me: Okay. I'll get going to school then.
Austin: Bye princess.
Me: Bye.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!