Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)

Jasmine's POV - At the Airport

"Deep breaths," Cheryl says, attempting to calm down.

"Relax yourself." I giggle.

"I so cannot do that."

"Shall we get going?" Jake annoyingly asks.

It was finally the day to leave my family and friends and head off to Australia for the summer. I was obviously excited to go, and Jake was kind of happy but disappointed at the same time which was because he didn't want to leave Jessica.

"I'll miss you all," I say, giving each one of them a tight hug.

"Hey, wait up!" My mom shouted from behind. My mom, dad, Emily, Roger, Aunt Liza, and Jenny were walking quickly towards us, relived that they didn't miss their chance to say goodbye.

"Jazzy, do you really have to go?" Jenny pleads.

"Yeah, I do, but don't think that I won't miss you." I bend down to give her a warm hug.

"I'll miss you more." She pulls off and smiles.

"Oh yeah, Austin is my man, okay? Just because I'm not there does mean that you can have him." She says with sass.

Jenny claims herself to be Austin's girlfriend, and Austin thinks of her as his first girlfriend, then I'm his second. I seem to be the third wheel of their oh so beautiful love story.

I walk over to my mom and engulf her into a hug. She whispers, "Stay safe." I pull off of the hug and shoot her a glare, while she just shrugged at me. I then hug dad, and he says, "Take care, kiddo."

Jake hugs his mom and dad and we escort ourselves, waving everyone goodbye.

**

Saturday

"Come on, slowpoke!" I say as I turn back and encourage Jake to walk faster.

I'm going to have to remind myself not to go with Jake on a flight because I couldn't handle his annoying presence at all. He behaved like a four-year-old throwing a tantrum just because I got more cheese and gravy on my poutine at a restaurant in the airport a couple of hours ago.

Also, even though I won, he expected me to give the credit of winning Uno, my favorite card game, but I took that back and left him mad like a two-year-old who had got his lollipop stolen away from him.

It was so hilarious. I enjoyed teasing him and seeing him playfully heartbroken.

Wait until Jessica hears about her idiot, childish, boyfriend.

Yes, they became official just three days ago.

Anyways...

We eventually made it through the crowd and towards the area where people wait for their family, friends or relatives to come out of the big gates. But, there were plenty of people surrounding us, and that just makes it hard to find Austin.

"Jasmine, I think pretty boy is over there." He says looking at a man who's back was facing us. He was a couple of feet away, but I could recognize him.

"Austin!" I squeal as I ran over to him and engulfed him into a tight hug. "I missed you."

"Uh, I'll leave you guys to it. Meet me at that little cafe over there." Jake awkwardly says, then walks away with his luggage to the cafe.

"Ditto." He chuckles. It feels so good to be in his embrace once again. It felt like my actual home; I belong in his arms.