Chapter 3

Next Day

Can this day be done already?

I'm stuck in Mr. David's grade 12 English class and he is super boring. He's an old man from Guyana with an accent, and he talks about his history in Guyana in class almost all the time.

And today is a Tuesday, meaning we have to play super-seats. Super-seats is basically a spelling bee kind of thing where you have your desks in rows, and the very first desk is where the person in first place is sitting, and so on. I'm in the fourteenth place currently.

Cheryl, my cousin is also in my English class, and she's in third place. Like, are you for real right now?

So, how you play this game is that we sit in alphabetical order when we started this game, and Mr. David gives the person who is sitting on the first desk a word that you probably never heard.

We have to spell the word out and if we get it wrong, the next person spells it, and if they get it wrong, it goes on until somebody gets it right.

Whoever started spelling the first word assigned to them gets the word wrong and some other person in the class gets it right, that person who got it right goes to the first place desk and sits down, while who was in the first place before shifts over to second, and everybody else shifts over one also up till the person who got the wire correct,

As for the person who gets it right on their first try, Mr.David moves on to the next student.

At least Austin isn't in this class. He'd be skipping it or not participate in that game. But, he would have to because I would be in that class with him and he won't just leave his girl alone like that with an old man and some other psychos, now would he?

Did I just declare myself as his girl?

Wow.

The weird part was that I liked it.

I guess I'm falling for him as bad as he is.

"Okay. Jasmine, I want you to spell the word 'tremendously'." He looked at me with his deep black eyes.

"Um okay, that's easy. It's, T-R-E-"

RINGGGG!

At last, saved by the bell!

As Cheryl and I walk down the hallway towards the staircase, I notice a bunch of walking mountains, also known as teenage boys walking the opposite direction from us. They were talking and laughing enthusiastically among themselves, and walking through the halls as if they own the whole school.

Jerks.

I made sure to move over to the side of the hall but didn't slow down; I can't be late for lunch again, I don't want to miss eating my grilled cheese sandwich this time.

Just when I was about to pull my phone out from my back pocket, I embarrassingly collide someone as my belongings fall onto the floor.

"What the fuck? A deep, masculine voice growls.

I tilt my head up and my eyes bore into the familiar aggressive gray eyes of a god so handsome guy.