Chapter 7

I still cannot believe that I'll be going to Australia the day after tomorrow!

All I need to do is ask my parents, and hopefully, they agree. Especially mom. She needs to realize that I'm not a little kid anymore. I have the right to express my joy.

But, I'll tell her later though. First I'll just have to tell Aunt Liza.

**

"But why Mom?" I asked. "Why can't I go with Austin and his parents to Australia?"

Here is what actually happened before mom came home from her "urgent emergency" with her friend, and that's when I asked my mom about me going to Australia.

After reflecting through and planning out what I was going to say, I sweet talked my aunt to let me go shopping with Cheryl, and that I'll be careful. She said she was alright, as long as she told my mom about it, and of course, mom was fine too.

I went shopping with Cheryl, and along the way to the mall, I told her about my conversation with Austin earlier today. She didn't seem that happy about the fact that I'm going on my first date and I'm going to be going to Australia. She wasn't even disappointed that he was moving to Australia for a few months.

We did a lot of shopping for about two hours and then she dropped me to my house. While I waited for mom to come home, I tried on my new outfits for my date tonight.

A while later, my mom came home. That's when I asked her.

"No." She said. Just straight up, without even thinking, she said the word I wasn't planning on hearing.

"Mom, I asked you something. Answer me." I said firmly. I had a little doubt inside of me that something like this was going to happen.

"No means no. Final answer." She replied coldly. She didn't bother looking at me while saying that. It's like she can't even bare to see my face anymore.

Well, guess what? I can't bare to live under the same roof as her! Especially when she behaves like that.

Before I met Austin, which was in grade nine, the relationship between me and mom was perfectly fine. We lived a great life.

But then again nobody has a perfect life. That's the same thing that happened to us.

My mom and dad began fighting every day and night. Every night we are trying to spend some quality time together but one little thing you do makes a big difference in my family.

Talking about this is going to make me more aggressive and pissed towards my mom, and I'm going to be looking like the Grinch on my date tonight if that happens.

"Why?" I ask, trying to calm myself down a bit.

"You know very well why I'm not letting you go. Even if all that never happened, you'd still have met Austin, and I don't like the boy. I don't want you getting too close to him if you know what I mean." She says. The way she was emphasizing the word "all" made it clear to me that she was recalling the past.

You could hear the rage while she was talking, but she was also trying to press her temper down so she won't lash out at me.

"So? Austin is a great guy. He has completely changed. He's not the player anymore, mom."

"What are you trying to say?" She looked confused but I could tell she wasn't. She knew exactly what I was trying to tell her. She walked over to me and crossed her arms, placing them right below her chest.

"You know what I'm trying to say." I roll my eyes. "I changed Austin into a better person in these four years. The important thing is that he has feelings for me, and I realized that I too like him."

"Jasmine...." Mom murmured.

I sighed and said, "It's just that, I don't know what I'll do without Austin for these couple of months. Let me go to Australia mom. Please." I begged.

Without a word, she escorted out of the room leaving me clueless. Was that a yes, no, or a maybe? I don't know.

I'm just going to hang out with my friends. Maybe I'll invite Austin to come with us?
Yeah. That's a great idea. All of a sudden, my phone light up and I see a text from mom.

Say what?

I need to think about it first. I'll tell you tomorrow somehow.

Great. Now I have that worry filled up in me just waiting for tomorrow. But why would she text me when she can come face-to-face and tell me?

Weird. I'll just take those new pills I got today. Luckily, my mom doesn't know where they are.

"Kiddo?" I hear a manly voice say from the hall.

"Dad!" I squeal as I give him a hug. He laughs and pulls off of the hug and says, "How's my girl?"

"Fine, I guess. I have a lot to tell you though." I smile.

**

"You think you're going to just leave like that?" Alex spoke.

We were at La Cafe, the best coffee shop in town, besides Tim Hortons (is that a coffee shop?) and we were just talking. The best thing was that we were the only people in the cafe.

"Don't tell me, I really don't want to go, but I have no choice. I'm planning on taking Jasmine along, though." Austin says looking over to where I was, sitting right across from him.

"So, you girls want to come over to help me get ready?" I asked the girls as I took a sip from my cold coffee.

"Help you get ready for what?" Jessica asked. Looks like Cheryl hasn't told them the main part of the story. Great job, cousin.

So I explain everything to them that the date is now tonight.

"Oh, and I have an important question for you boys," I said slowly. They all looked at me in confusion.

"Where were you last night?" I ask in determination.

"Nowhere," Dave said simply.

"Tell me," I demanded.

Austin sighed and replied, "At Ian's house. His asshole friend, Evan, is trying to get his hands on either you or Violet, and we went there to make ourselves clear. As long my as I'm around, nobody can touch you."

Austin went there to warn them about not touching me? Pretty sweet.

"You could have told me that earlier, you know." I blushed as the boys shrugged.

"Anyways, us girls should get going," I say as we got up and head out while the boys stayed in and talked.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!