Chapter 51

Violet's POV - Five Months back

"Austin, I told you that-"

"No, Vi. I don't care if she didn't give me an actual gift for my birthday. She organized a fun evening and took me to my favorite sports game, bought me my favorite food, and watched a boring movie with me while eating junk food. That means a lot coming from her. I want to make it even. I think I'll take her out surfing, then I have a surprise for her." Austin exclaims.

I chuckle, "You love everything she does for you."

Austin ignores my statement and says, "Do you think she'll like my Swedish cake? Jess told me it's her favorite. I never cooked her anything proper before. Just the simple breakfast. Wait. What if I get egg shells stuck inside the batter and the cake becomes all crunchy? Remember the time I did that with those fudge brownies? She still ate them, but then got sick. I felt so guilty. I swear to god if that happens again, Vi, I'll-"

"Relax. The brownies were crunchy because of the eggshells, and because you were nervously making them. Just, read the recipe and follow it word per word." I say as I fidget with my pen that stopped working midway while I was writing a shopping list of what to get from the grocery store.

"Fine, I-"

"AUSTIN!!!" I hear Jasmine shout from the other end of the phone.

He chuckles, "Looks like Jasmine noticed the hickey I accidentally gave her on her neck last night. I'll talk to you later."

I raise my eyebrow in amusement, "Wait, what do-"

"I'm coming, babe!" Was all I hear before he hung up.

I huff as I abruptly placed my phone on my computer desk and walked over to my closet. I opened it up and bent down to pick up my shoe box and made my way back to my bed.

That shoebox isn't just an ordinary shoebox. This shoebox held the reason I'm still living for. It contains such things that I can glance at for hours and hours, not getting bored of it once. Something special that lights my world up like a disco ball, gives me goosebumps and gets my heart beating faster the second I look at it and forms the biggest smile on my lips that reaches my eyes.

I sat cross-legged on my bed comfortably as I opened the shoebox and smiled at nobody in particular when I picked up a picture of him.

Him.

Just thinking of him sends shivers down my spine, making my pulse race and my heart stammer.

I let my fingers roam his beautiful face freely. I don't even realize what I begin doing; I act without thinking. I bring this picture up to my lips and kiss him, wishing that it was actually happening.

God how I miss him.

Even though I just heard his voice, I miss him. I miss those moments where we would hang around just as friends, to him that is. I'd consider it more than friends. I'd cherish every moment spent with him with our friends and one-on-one.

What kills me is that most of the one-on-one times we've spent together were related to somebody he likes. Her being the reason he wants to speak with and hang out with me shatters my heart into million pieces.

What on good god's Earth does he see in her?

Her.

She's the reason I can't be with him. She's the reason he isn't mine anymore - not that he was, but I had some hope in me that he'll get over her someday and come to me. She stomped her foot hard on my hopes and dreams, shattering them in just a second.

She took my love away from me, which is what made me start despising her so much. She was my best friend whom I loved more than I loved my actual sister, but the moment she laid her eyes on the man that first stole my heart, the love for her faded away for good.

I sometimes hate myself and him for falling for him. I love him, but I hate him for being so f***ing perfect and hot and stealing my heart.

But, I can't help it. My love for him is stronger than my hate.

"Jasmine, you'll regret taking him away from me," I exclaim. I immediately get up and grab my phone and begin dialing a number that I never thought I'd call.

"I was beginning to think you gave up on that goal of yours." I hear a deep, masculine voice answer.

I chuckle, "I don't know what you're talking about, Chris Wild."

I could hear the amusement and smirk in his voice as he speaks, "You sure you wanna hit me up on that offer?"

"As long as you can promise me you're a man of your words. I'll get you what you want if you reciprocate it."

"Don't worry," Chris says soothingly before he pauses for a second. "You sure love that idiot Austin, don't you?"

I smile to myself as I imagine his handsome face smiling charmingly at me. "As if you're not obsessed with Jasmine."

I could picture Chris grinning just by thinking of her. I get why Jasmine has two boys falling at her feet; she's stunning and flawless. Her long dark brown hair and hazel eyes are worth melting for. When she wore her tight cocktail dresses, showing off her beautiful curves, guys would drool over her as she would walk past them.

I sometimes would get jealous of her natural perfectness, and I still do.

"Chris, you can stop grinning like an idiot now," I smirk as Chris clears his throat.

"I can't help it. She's just...amazing, Violet. I get why Austin loves her so f***ing much. But, he can't treat her well. He doesn't even make much time for her, even in Adelaide. How does she love him? I...I can't let her be with him. I won't let him break her heart." Chris exclaims. I could hear the pain in his voice of Jasmine not being treated right.

Maybe because he got bored of Jasmine? I really hope so, but then again, it's impossible. Austin is head over heels over Jasmine.

Why couldn't he just fall for me instead?

"Are you still on that mission of yours? I'm telling you, Chris, if you hurt Austin then I'll kill you, bring you back to life and kill you again. I know he killed your uncle, but he had a reason." I say.

"Relax, Violet. I'm backing out of that mission. I can't hurt Jasmine. It tears me apart to see her cry. I'll mark her as my territory to show her asshole boyfriend that she's mine." Chris says, his voice set with determination.

"Okay, good." I pause for a second as I take a look at the time.

Shit. Jess will murder me if I don't go help her get ready for her family event.

"I need to go now. We'll talk about this later." I say.

"Sure. Bye." He says as I hung up.

My phone begins to blast up with Jessica's texts, telling me to "get my ass to her place before she murders me" and "I'll eat up your macaroons if you don't show up in ten".

I text back saying I'll be there in fifteen.

This girl can be a pain in the ass.

-----------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Because You're MineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara