Chapter 30

Wednesday - Austin's POV

As I take slow steps by the trailer, trying hard not to make a single noise, I signal my gang members to get their guns ready.

My gang and I were in our usual area, which was an empty slot of space, now occupied by trailers, abandoned houses, and a small building where our base was.

The abandoned houses were our special places where we keep our enemies or people who disobey us as a hostage.

But right now, Luke's brother's men have thought of secretly attacking us and they were trying to not let anyone of us know, but Adam, my right-hand man, found out by another gang member through the phone, who is portraying to work for Luke's brother just to give inform us of his actions.

Right then, I hear footsteps nearby me. They were either coming from the other side of the trailer or somewhere around where I was.

The footsteps got closer every minute, so I primed my gun and looked left to right, then behind me, and then in front of me.

Nobody.

I didn't bother going onto the other side of the trailer yet, just because it would give them a chance to attack me by hearing my footsteps.

But there was no choice but to move from my position, because if I don't, then the gang members from Luke's brother's gang would either attack or shoot me without me knowing, and I most definitely cannot let that happen.

So, I tiptoed myself to the front of the trailer, and towards the other side of the trailer where I thought someone was walking. I quickly pointed my gun as I stepped aside from the front of the trailer and onto the side, but unfortunately, nobody was there.

They must've heard me or whatsoever had shifted their position to somewhere else.

All of a sudden I feel something on my spine, and I figured that the person I was looking for has now found me.

"Hands up." I hear a hardened, deep voice say from behind. I turn around to see that familiar face glaring at me, but then he also realizes who I am, and drops his hand of which held a gun pointed at me.

"Chris?"

"Austin? What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I'm a gang leader as you may know, and this is my spot." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." He chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I emphasized.

"It's related to my business. Nothing bad." He states.

"Dude, dunk!" Chris yells as he pulls me down onto the floor. I was about to scold him for doing that, but when I look behind me, I see a man with a gun pointing at us. Seems like he heard our conversation and decided to take advantage.

"Hands up or I'll shoot!" The man said in a shaky voice. Seems to me that he's new to the gang world.

"Not a good idea, Roderick," Chris says from beside me.

At that moment, guns fire off, people are running here and there trying to catch their enemies, fist fights, and then there were us three by a trailer, just standing there.

I slowly walk towards this so-called Roderick, making it seem like I won't harm him or be mischievous. He started taking smalls footsteps back as I inched closer and closer to him. Chris was still trying to get this man to put his gun down, but he didn't obey. Instead, he fired his gun into the sky, trying to warn us, but I didn't care - he didn't scare me.

Now I was only a few feet away from Roderick, and so I automatically took the gun from his hands and pointed it at him.

"Scurry off before I end your life right here," I growl. Roderick just widens his eyes at Chris and I in response.

"What on earth do you think you're doing, Austin?" Chris asks.

"Something you should've done a few minutes ago," I answer.

"That's because-"

"Austin," Easton, my gang member ran towards me, but stopped just to catch his breath. "those men - they ran away!"

"Anyone of us injured?" I ask sternly still pointing the gun at Roderick.

"Not really, except for Adam. A man shot him in the arm and-" He paused for a minute, then walked over beside me to analyze the man I was pointing a gun at.

"It was him who shot Adam," Easton stated.

**

The fight was over, and the place was being cleaned up. As of Adam, he should be able to get back on routine in two days, since he's pretty strong for a tiny bullet.

I was just outside, making sure that none of Luke's brother's men were left over and spying on us. Last time it happened, which was last week ago, they all died; Adam and I killed them.

I couldn't spot Chris anywhere, so went to look for him.

"Dad, you're exaggerating." I hear a manly voice whisper. I follow the trail of voice which lead me by a trailer where Chris was, his back facing me. I hid on the side of the trailer, and I couldn't help but listen to the conversation.

"Yeah, she's coming tomorrow." I hear him say.

"Jake and her are coming together." He pauses for a moment. "God, Jake isn't a two-year-old boy anymore! I'm not picking him up!"

"Yeah, Uncle Vole had us in his area," Chris says.

Who and what is Chris talking about?

"Uncle Vole said that we should attack the bastard and his men, but they seem to have found out. We shouldn't have told one of his men that secretly works for our gang. I don't even know why I'm the leader when I can't even make decisions without his permission." Chris pauses for a few seconds and started looking around.

"I feel like someone's around. I'll hang up now." He hangs up and walks towards the trailer I was by. I quietly shifted further away and walked to another trailer.

What he just said surprises me. Chris is a gang leader?

--------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!