Chapter 44

"Jasmine, I'm really, really sorry. I should have known that someone like you would never hurt anybody without a sufficient reason. I can't believe I doubted you. I'm so sorry, baby. But just know that I love you. I really, really love you. I know you'll forgive me. I know you love me also. I promise I'll leave my gang and forget about this so-called mission. I'll do anything to see you happy, just, please forgive me and give me chance. I know you're not mad." Chris gets down on his knees and takes my hands in his and looks at me in the eyes as if he's truly sorry for what he's done.

I don't think I can trust him anymore.

Chris looks at me with hope in his eyes; I turn my head to look at Austin who's looking at me with worry in his eyes. As if he can sense what I'm feeling right now. I turn to look at Chris again.

"No." I finally spoke.

"No?" Chris repeats in a questioning tone.

"No, I don't love you. No, I won't forgive you. No, I will not give you a second chance. No, I will not repeat my mistake of trusting you. No, I'm not going to be your girlfriend. Just no." I state coldly.

"Why?" He questions.

"No means no, Chris Wild," I growl as I get up from where I was sitting and walk towards the door, motioning Chris at the same time.

"Get out of my sight, and this time, for good," I demand.

Chris gets up from his position and takes a few steps closer to me before saying, "Alright, listen. I'm sorry. I really am. Don't do this to us. I love you, Jasmine. All you need to do is trust me."

I laugh, "Trust you? I'd rather die than make the same mistake twice. If you're truly sorry then you wouldn't have taken this much time to tell me everything. If you really love me, then you should let me go. Sometimes, you need to let go the things you love. I want you to do that for me. My last request before I see your hell of a face again." I exclaim.

Chri sighs, "Jasmine, please. Quit being this way and just come back to me. No man can love you like I do."

I roll my eyes to prevent the tears from flowing down and say, "Let's put it this way. If you were me and I was you, just imagine how I feel right now. Even though you say you didn't break my heart yet, you actually did. You broke my trust, Chris. I'm glad I didn't say yes when you asked me to be your girlfriend. It'd hurt me more. In a relationship, trust is the most important thing, you know. I doubt you'd be a good boyfriend." I state, sort of sobbing.

A few tears start cascading down my cheeks because I couldn't hold it in any longer. This feeling when somebody you trusted so much breaks your heart is horrible.

Chris thinks that saying sorry will make everything go back to normal. The word 'sorry' can be used when a person makes a mistake, but not when trust is shattered. I don't think I can forgive Chris that easily for what he's done. Let alone trusting him again.

I don't even think Chris needs to apologize. I mean, it's me who made a mistake for trusting him. He's hurt my feelings, broken my heart when all I did was give him the most valuable things in my life, my heart and trust.

"What are you still doing here? I said get out!" I shout, still sobbing, a little more now.

"You heard Jasmine. And remember, stay away from her. I mean it, Wild. I don't want you near her, and if I see you around with her, I'll bruise you so bad that the doctor who delivered you will feel it. Don't test me." Austin growls while grabbing Chris by his collar and pushing him against the wall. He shoves Chris out the house and pushes him away a bit before walking back inside the house and Jake comes out and gets in Chris's car.