Chapter 19

Jasmine's POV

I had been told by the doctor that I'll be discharged in approximately three weeks, but Austin will be going to Australia in fourteen days, which means I'll have to stay without him for a while.

After I get discharged from the hospital, I would have to catch up on school work for one week, then finally go to Australia with Jake. Chris is going in seven days, so my mom called Mrs. Wild and told her that her eldest son is going to have company from her daughter's boyfriend.

She also asked Mrs.Wild if it was okay for Jake to go with me. I, of course, didn't agree on that fact. I didn't like the guy, mainly because he's too flirty and annoying.

Right now Austin was feeding me dinner. Mom was gone to drop Jessica, Violet, Alex, and Dave, and Cheryl was gone to get Austin and herself something to eat. Dad was discussing things with the Doctor outside of my room.

I was transferred to another room because there was no need for further operations on me, and I was in the healing process currently. I'm feeling a bit better than before now, as I was able to sit up and some of the tubes from my arms were removed, along with that annoying oxygen mask.

"I'm done. Take the rest away." I say as I chew on the plain rice and bean curry.

"No, you aren't done," Austin exclaimed as he took a spoonful of rice and curry mixed together and put it in my mouth, gesturing me to eat it.

"I hate you," I say before taking a bite.

"Just eat." Austin rolled his eyes.

Just then, the door opens wide and Cheryl walks in the room with one big Tim Hortons bag.

"Got our food." Cheryl hands Austin his bagel which was neatly wrapped, and the package which contained his cookie. She then sat on the chair which was across from me and started to eat her bagel.

"Drink your juice." Austin fingers the orange juice on the tray placed in front of me. I disgustingly look at the juice, plug my nose, take the glass and gulp it down until it was all gone.

"Yuck." I made a weird face was made both Cherry and Austin laugh.

"Now for your Apple." Cherry deviously smiles.

"Not now," I say as I lay my head on the soft bed, practically sitting. "I'm stuffed from the disgusting food."

"Hospital food doesn't always have to be bitter." Cherry protests.

The three of us just talk and laugh for about two hours. Soon enough, my parents came by to check on me and also told Cheryl that she was expected at home, so she and my mom left. My mom was going to stay, but Austin and I convinced her to go home and rest. After all, I'm having more, people coming to see me tomorrow, which includes my two aunts, my other cousins, the Wild Family, and obviously, my friends. Alex and Jessica won't be able to come because they might be busy.

Right now, I was on my phone while eating the apple. Austin was peacefully sleeping on the chair a few feet away from me on my left.

I couldn't help but just look at him. He's such a caring person for a crazed girl like me. I got in the middle of their fight when I should have just yelled stop. I caused trouble for everybody including my parents.

Austin told me that dad was speechless and heartbroken when he heard that I may or may not live. Dad didn't want to tell me this because he was afraid that I'd tense up too much, but why wouldn't I?