Chapter 55

The last chapter loves. I can't believe this.

I'll do my weird, emotional speech later.

Read on!

--------------------------------

You know that amazing feeling when you see someone who means the absolute world to you after so long?

You feel like as if a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders, that's how light you feel. You cannot seem to think openly; your mind goes blank as well as your surroundings. You suddenly forget about everything, and your main focus is that person.

Of all the sorrowful moments you've spent that drive you insane, suddenly don't matter at all. Of all the restless days you've gone through in the thoughts of that person now seem worth it. Of all the time you spent missing them, you realize that you've missed yourself with them more than just them.

You begin to cherish the most dreadful goodbye, because that brought you here in this moment, to see your loved one again.

Your heart begins to stammer, beating rapidly, your pulse begins to race, your mind becomes unclear, your hands begin to quiver, your legs begin to shake, your body begins to feel goosebumps, and you feel the most beautiful smile on your face.

This was exactly how I feel was feeling when my gaze met Austin's. We looked at each other for a moment which lasted forever, never once the precious smile faltering from our faces.

I couldn't bring myself to it anymore. I needed to hold him.

I feel my feet take off towards his open arms and collide with the comfortable chest of the one and only. His muscular arms immediately wrapped around my waist tightly, my arms wrapping around his neck because he picked me up and span me around.

He hosts me up as my legs wrap around his waist, his hands holding onto me tightly, still hugging the life out of each other.

"One more squeeze and my ribs will pop out," Austin mutters as my legs tighten around his waist.

I chuckle, the tears of joy still trailing down my cheeks. We pull off of the hug as Austin holds me tightly but gently by my waist, my hands placed on his cheeks, our foreheads leaning against each other.

"Are you okay, princess?" Austin finally speaks. I nod, still letting the tears of joy fall.

"Yeah," I reply. "Are you?"

Austin kisses my forehead so sweetly that I think my heart just exploded, "Now I am."

I hold back a sob as I stare into his gorgeous eyes that just cured my wounds in a heartbeat. Austin notices my sudden change of mood and gently wipes away my tears with his thumb. His warm hands stroke my cheek as he asks, "What's wrong, love?"

I break into a smile whenever he calls me that. Seeing me smile makes him smile beautifully. He leans, shutting his eyes as I do the same, and that's when everything felt back to normal.

The touch of his soft, familiar lips on mine illuminated my entire world once again as I feel myself being pulled closer to him, closing the space between us. He kisses me so softly that if he weren't holding me right now I would have collapsed.

I kiss him back deeply, feeling more tears trail off my cheek as I tightening my grip on him. His hands trail around my body, leaving trails of sparks behind his touch.