Chapter 18

Austin's POV

I opened the door and walked into the dark hospital room and see Jasmine peacefully sleeping on the bed. She looks so calm; as if nothing happened. She was sleeping like it was any other day.

The white bandage was wrapped around her forehead and both arms with a bit of blood showing. There was an oxygen mask on her and glucose tubes on her right.

I walk over to her and pull the chair that was near the bed towards it and sat down. I then take Jasmine's hand into mine, pull it up to my lips and gently kiss the back of her hand.

"Princess, please wake up." Tears start running down my cheek as I stutter. "I'm so sorry. It was all my fault; when you told me to stop the fight, I didn't listen and now you're..." I burst into tears and cried for a few minutes, but then I felt strong hands on my shoulders comforting me. I look behind to see Alex standing.

Without knowing, I stood up and wrapped my arms around him and cried again. Alex was like a brother, and he has always been with me through thick and thin.

"Calm down, bro." He softly says. I then pull off of him to face Jasmine only to see that her fingers were moving.

"Jasmine?"

"It's nothing. Things like this happen." Alex sighs.

**

It's been six hours and still no progress for Jasmine. Cheryl informed her parents and she told us that they sounded devastated through the phone. They immediately came to the hospital and we told them what happened and how her condition was.

Jane broke into tears when hearing that her daughter may or may not survive. As for Arson, he became inarticulate; no tears, no words, and no expression. We all could tell that he was broken from the inside, but we couldn't do anything to make him feel better.

I had to stay strong for them. I had to remain strong for everyone.

The doctor went to Jasmine's room twice for some tests but came out with no additional information. This was the third time he went inside, and we were just waiting for him to come out.

"Doctor," Jane got up from her seat, "anything new?"

"Yes. Good news actually." The doctor smiled. "She finally woke up. She seems weak, but luckily her memory is still there. She just doesn't remember about her accident."

Everyone sighed a sigh of relief, knowing that Jasmine survived. Jane cried tears of happiness and Arson was relieved as he finally sat down. The rest of us were happy, especially me.

"I'd like you to get her these medications. One of them was requested by Jasmine. She said they were depression and anxiety pills." The doctor handed me the sheet of paper listed with the names of medications.

I didn't like the fact that a Jasmine was still taking these pills. They weren't good for her. They were like drugs; she was addicted to them.

"I'm sorry, but my daughter can't take these depression pills. She's living on something that isn't good for her, and I think it's best if she got rid of the habit of taking them." Jane suggested.

"I agree. You guys can go see Jasmine while one of you can go get the other two medications." The doctor said.

"Auntie Jane and I will go." Cheryl volunteered as she and Jane left with the sheet of paper.

Arson and I both were about to head to Jasmine's room. I backed away to let him go first, but he disagreed and let me go in. I formed a small smile and went in.

"Austin?" Jasmine weakly said.

"Are you alright?" I said as I sat down on the chair placed by the bed. She took my hands and placed hers in mine and I brought it up to my lips and kissed the back of her hand.

"How did I end up here?" She asked. "Tell me the truth, please."

I sighed told her everything from the point where we were in the cafe and to the point where we all were standing outside, hoping that she would get better soon.

I probably said sorry like five times already to Jasmine, because I felt super guilty to put her into this circumstance. I told her how we shouldn't be together anymore, even though I didn't want that to happen, and I should just go to Australia alone, and that would give her time to get over me and find someone new that wouldn't put her life in danger like I did.

Jasmine sort of got mad at me, mostly upset, because she didn't believe it was my fault and she doesn't want to let go of me.

I was there for her when she needed me the most, she would say, and that she wouldn't be able to like another guy other than me.

"I don't know what you see in me, but I promise to never put you in danger." I form a small smile.

"I know. Your intention wasn't to hurt me. You were just protecting me, and I'm thankful for that." She smiled gracefully.

How I was dying to see that smile, thinking that I'd never see it again.

"I just want to get out of here, you know." She rolled her eyes. "When will I be discharged?"

"Three weeks, I guess. Depends on how fast you recover." I reply.

"That's like, years away." She whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, and I have to leave for Australia next week. Now, before you get all hyped on me, let me tell you that I said I'm not leaving you that easily. I'll go in two weeks instead of one." I exclaim.

I explain to her that she is permitted to go to Australia after she has been discharged, which will depend on her. If Jasmine recovers fast, then she leaves sooner, but otherwise, she'll have to wait.

"Hey, pumpkin." I hear Arson's voice from behind.

"Dad, no nicknames," Jasmine groaned as Arson and I chuckle. I let him have so privacy with Jasmine, so I headed out of the room. Everyone then went inside to see Jasmine one by one, and in the end, we all ended up crowding her.

Jane convinced Jasmine not to take those pills, and for once she listened.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!