Chapter39- Blank Space

Something about the richies was they never shout things at your face to tell you to leave. They worked things out behind your back.

And being the high-class people, they continued the event.

"Let's have our family dinner!" Mr. James raised the glass of wine, smiling to all of us gently.

Well, except me. He wasnt frowning, but wasnt happy either.

"Cheers!" They said in unison, and I followed obediently.

"What about the buffet? I thought we were about to eat that." I whispered to Jack, not wanting anymore attention.

He smiled to me, patting my thighs, " they are just for the media and reporters. It damages our reputation if they write something about us being cruel."

Looking at Jack while he was explaining kind of amused me. For the first day I met him, I thought he was the typical dumb jerk with a good looking face.

"This is how our dinner works like. Perhaps you're never going to be familiar with it, my dear." Mrs. Frost seemed to have really good ears and heard our conversation. I lowered y head in embarrassment.

"Ignore her." Jack mumbled, grabbing a hold of my hand to give me assurement. Then he turned to Mrs. Frost with a sharp glare.

"Okay this is awkward." I thought to myself mentally.

Then there came there came the awkward silence. The atmosphere was like filling with unspeakable tension.

Having a peak on Mr. Frost secretly, I noticed that he was looking very alike to Jack, but only older.

Unlike Jack, who dyed his hair to white because of "stylish" means, he had light brown hair, along with some silver white ones in between. His eyes were similar to Jack's, so bright and blue. Even when he wqs older now, I was so sure that he could make every single women fell for him.

And speaking of Mrs. Frost, well, who probably didnt like me much, she had fairly white and pale skin. I had to admit that she was attractive in her ways. Her dyed blonde hair was lying on her shoulders peacefully like silk. The most suitable description about her was definitely down to earth.

"What are you thinking, Snow Queen?" Jack's chuckled lightly, noticing my face expression.

Oh I was checking out your parents 'cause they looked like goddess. Like how such perfect human beings be in earth?

"Nothing." I replied simply, keeping my head on my plate.

Mrs. Frost gave me a strange look. Her eyes were totally focused on me. And what could I see in her eyes? Disgusted, ashamed, strange, hatred even.

Tonight could be the most tortue night ever. The only thing that I noticed was that, Jack who was inheriting the perfect genes of his family, was somehow different to them.

It was weird, right? The one who looked almost exact turned out to be different.

The feeling that Jack gave me was warm, secured, and everything that made you want to pull him on the bed that instant. But his parents were so cold, so nonchalant, just like those people who had hearts made out of ice.

I couldnt believe anyone could survive their childhood with parents who only know about manners, expectations and to-do and not-to-do. And at this point, I understood perfectly the kind of person Jack turned to be when I first met him.

I couldnt believe I would say this, but having a life like his, being richie richie and perfect looking parents, would be a pathetic one. And I looked at Jack with a sympathetic look.