Chapter 1

Arrogant. Rude. And just a plain old jerk. If you asked anyone in Fairy Tail how they would describe Master Makarov's grandson, those words would be used.

So, it was a shock to the newest guild member to find out that this arrogant, rude, jerk had a girlfriend.

"Wait, you're telling me that Laxus has a girlfriend!?" Lucy gasped in pure shock.

The blond was just at the guild, complaining about how the guild was filled with weaklings who couldn't even defend themselves against Phantom Lord.

After he left, Lucy wondered how "a guy like that" was even in the guild.

"He sure does!" Mirajane smiled with her usual sweet smile.

"But who would want to date him?" Lucy asked.

"Well, (Y/N) and Laxus have been dating for years actually." Mira explained. "Since they were teenagers, if I'm not mistaken. And Laxus wasn't always this arrogant and mean, but after his father was kicked out of the guild, he became obsessed with power. (Y/N), being the girlfriend, stayed loyal to him."

"Wow." Lucy said, taking the information in. "That must be true love then."

"I guess so."

"Let's not forget about The Thunder Legion." Erza commented.

"Thunder Legion?" Lucy raised an eyebrow.

"It's a trio of Fairy Tail wizards who serve Laxus and (Y/N) as bodyguards." Mira explained.

"Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow." Erza stated the names of the three membered team.

"They sound scary," Lucy said, "and strong."

"They are." Erza nodded.

"You could say that they're Fairy Tail's strongest team." Mira said.

"But you said we were the strongest team!" Lucy raised her voice.

"Oh, did I?" Mira smiled innocently.

Lucy sighed. "I still can't get over the fact that Laxus could not only become the next Master, but the fact that he actually has a girlfriend blows my mind. I mean, what is she like?"

"(Y/N)?" Mira hummed. "Well, as a child, she fought with Erza a lot. More than I did."

"SHE FOUGHT WITH ERZA!?!?" Lucy shouted.

"Haha, yeah and watching those fights were pretty awesome!" Natsu grinned.

"So, does that mean that (Y/N) is a S-Class wizard?"

Natsu, Erza, Gray, Mira, and Happy nodded.

"She's one of the contenders for Fairy Tail's strongest wizard," Gray said, "along with Laxus, Mystogen, and Gildarts."

"Although Gildarts is the strongest!" Natsu grinned.

"True." Erza gave a small smile. "So then, contenders for Fairy Tail's second strongest."

"That doesn't sound as cool." Happy shook his head.

"Well, Gildarts is never at the guild anyway, so Laxus, Mystogen, and (Y/N) can compete for the title of the strongest wizard." Mira stated.

"Wow." Lucy sighed.

On a cliff, a few blocks away from Fairy Tail, Laxus sat with one knee pulled toward his chest. The cool wind made his long fur coat sway with each breeze. His blond hair also swayed in the wind as he listened intently to his music through his pointed headphones.

A pair of hands came from behind, wrapping lightly around Laxus' neck. He snatched his headphones off and without looking back, he asked, "Back from your job?"