Chapter 25

After a good nap at Laxus' place (because he let you), you went back to Fairy Tail. As usual, there was loud commotion which consisted mainly of Natsu and Gray screaming insults at each other.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)!" Evergreen greeted you with a hug. "I've been so lonely as the only girl on this team."

"Quit being dramatic, Evergreen." Laxus grumbled.

Once she let go of you, you sat down with them (Laxus' team), choosing to sit next to your boyfriend.

Everything was feeling like a normal day for a Fairy Tail wizard. Crazy, chaotic, mischief was their style.

At the strike of noon, however, the wooden double doors creaked open. Time seemed to be in slow motion as the doors opened slowly and since it took so long for the doors to open, everyone became quiet and kept their eyes on the door.

When the doors finally came to a halt, two male silhouettes were seen standing in the doorway. The guild members started whispering amongst themselves, trying to figure out who these people were.

One of the men, the taller one, took a step first and entered the guild, coming into view. He looked to be about 40 years old with short (h/c) hair and intense (e/c) eyes. He was a slender man and looked like he was quite rich. His height was also a marvelous feature, though he was not taller than Laxus. He was probably an inch or two shorter, but just as threatening.

The other male came inside after the older man, but this male was way younger. He looked to be 19 years old with the same (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes as his traveling companion. He also wasn't nearly as tall or threatening as the older man, but he looked just as rich.

Makarov opened his mouth to ask the two strangers if there was anything that he could help them with, but stopped when the older man called out to you.

"(Y/N), my dear," He smiled and walked toward the table you were sitting at, the younger man following behind him. "long time no see."

Confused, you asked, "Do I know you?"

"Of course." He chuckled. "In all of my excitement, it slipped my mind that the last time we were together was when you were only an infant." He watched as your facial expression looked even more confused. He grinned as he told the news, "I am Vincent Harrington, your father." He bowed slightly, almost like a butler would. "And this gentleman behind me is Mason Harrington, your younger brother."

Everyone in the guild was silent as they took in the news. Mouths were agape and eyes were wide.

"You-You're kidding, right?" You stuttered, coming out of your shock (somewhat). Then you couldn't help but laugh because these two men, who claimed to be family, were so much unlike you. "Are you serious right now? You my father and brother?" You laughed hysterically, so much that you were crying.

While everyone else remained quiet, your "father" and "brother" glanced at each other, puzzled.

"What's so funny?" Mason asked.

"I can assure you that everything I have said is true." Vincent said.

"If that's the case," You said, having finally stopped laughing. You were now extremely serious. "then where were you my entire life?"

"Everything will be explained shortly, my daughter."

Just then, as if being a massive warning, one of those visions (that you had forgotten about, or at least tried to forget) reshowed itself.

"(Y/N), I am your father."

It was his face! His face is the exact same one from the future! Could this man really be your birth father?

"(Y/N)?" Laxus called, noticing that you were staring into space.

"He's telling the truth." You mumbled.

"Huh?" He and the rest of the guild were hoping that you were joking.

"He's my father." You said, still in a daze.

Small gasps were heard throughout the guild.

"Did you remember something?" Mason asked, looking hopeful. "A sight? A smell?"

"N-No . . ." You stuttered, lowering your head. There's no way you're telling the truth. The guild doesn't need to know and neither do your father and brother. "I just . . . know. If that makes sense."

Vincent and Mason exchanged looks, but nodded nonetheless. "Well then,"  Vincent smiled, "I'm glad you believe us. Now, come along." He then held out his hand for you to take.

You stared at his hand and looked up at him, confused. "Where?" You asked.

Vincent looked at you as if the answer should be obvious. "Well, to your place of residence to gather your belongings and then home."

"Home?" You, as well as the guild, repeated. Phoebe flew over and landed on your head. "But this is our home." She emphasized, "We've been here since (Y/N) was practically a child!"

"My god," Vincent gasped, "are you a talking cat?" He leaned forward to get a closer look at the exceed. "What a peculiar creature." He hummed, "I've never seen anything like it."

"You should get a whiff of this action!" Happy stated in a cocky manner from where he stood next to Natsu.

"But, um, yes, about you moving." Vincent continued, ignoring Happy and getting back on track. He straightened his back and stood up tall. "We have been looking for you for a long time, (Y/N). Surely, you don't expect us to leave you here?" He glanced around the guild, slightly disgusted. "You have lived a commoners' life for far too long. How about a taste of royalty?" He smiled at you as if he was expecting you to agree on the spot.

Laxus, who had been silent this entire time while trying to resist the urge to choke the life out of Vincent, finally spoke up. "Listen pal," He growled.

Vincent, not wanting to listen to whatever Laxus was going to say, interrupted the blond. "Come, darling." He placed a hand in your shoulder and Mason's, and in the blink of an eye you, Phoebe, Mason, and Vincent were gone.

"Where did they go!?" Natsu exclaimed.

The entire guild couldn't believe their eyes. You had literally vanished into thin air.

"That's what I'd like to know." Laxus grumbled to himself.

This was only the beginning of the soon-to-be future that both you and Laxus were warned about.

Can you change your fate?