Chapter 34

"What happened?"

"Is she okay?"

"Laxus, what did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything! I woke up and she was like this."

"Look! She's waking up!"

Your (e/c) eyes opened, revealing several people standing over you and looking down at you.

"(Y/N)!" Phoebe called, "Are you okay?"

You slowly sat up, using your arms to support you. "Yeah, I'm fine." You said.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Erza asked.

"Hmm . ." You hummed, thinking and digging through your memories. "Joseph, he took my, uh, parents somewhere."

"And what happened to Laxus?" Freed questioned.

"Yeah, when we got here both of you were out cold." Bickslow added.

"Who?" You tilted your head to the side in confusion. Everyone exchanged looks of confusion amongst one another as a result of your confusion. "Laxus." Freed said again, "What happened to Laxus? Do you remember?"

"Who's Laxus?"

Everyone's (except yours) eyes practically popped out of their head. Including Laxus, who was the most surprised.

"What do you mean 'who's Laxus'?" Happy exclaimed, "He's your boyfriend!"

"He is?" You asked.

"(Y/N), what the heck?" Hearing the annoyed voice, you turned your head to the right and saw a blond, muscular make sitting next to you. By the look on his eyes, you could tell he was upset. "Quit playin' around! It ain't funny!" He growled, leaning his face closer to you.

"Um, I'm sorry." You said awkwardly, scooting away from him. "But I don't know who you are."

"She doesn't remember . ." Sting thought aloud.

"This is bad. This is really bad." Lucy shook her head, almost in failure.

Indeed, it was bad. The group soon found out that your memories were still there, you were still that same (Y/N), but Laxus had been removed from every single memory you possessed with him.

Your date to the Grand Ball? You didn't have one, you went alone.

Your first kiss? Hasn't happened yet.

Any memory you had with Laxus, now consisted of you either being solo or with other guild members (depending on who was in the memory).

Laxus Dreyar was a stranger to you.

Wanting answers, you and the group walked to the mansion in silence. Natsu and Sting led the way, using their magic to provide a source of light. The supposed boy named Laxus kept staring at you, which made you uncomfortable on so many levels.

You were in for a rude awakening, however, when you got to the mansion and saw that it was on fire.

With the speed you now possessed, you were inside in a second.

There were bodies everywhere; bodies with hearts ripped out, arms and legs torn off, but most of the bodies - no, all of the bodies - were now headless.

And there was blood and broken glass everywhere.

"(Y/N), wait up!" Natsu shouted as he and everyone else ran toward you.

"If you keep being loud, anyone that's still alive will find us." You scolded. "Not that they won't find you by smell." Looking over your shoulder, you added, "You all reek of sweat."

"I can't help it if I'm scared." Lucy whined.

You rolled your eyes at your human friends. Then you felt another presence, several presences actually.

"Look at what we have here." A voice said. Entering the grand hallway was a group of men, young looking men. "If it isn't the former Princess."

"Who are you?" You asked, getting straight to the point.

"Joseph's clan." The guy in the front, presumably the leader of this small group of pals, said confidently. "The clan that is now in charge of Pennsylvania! The clan that should've been in charge to begin with."

"Is that why you killed all of these people?" You gestured to the numerous decaying bodies that were scattered down the hall.

"They wouldn't have been killed if Joseph was King like he was suppose to be."

"What do you mean?"

"Here's a little history, Princess. The whole concept of a 'clan' never existed until Joseph sought for vengence. All of us who live on this land are the only vampires in the world. We isolated ourselves from the humans so that they wouldn't kill us, even though we repay them by hunting them at night; we made our own separate country. But we naturally couldn't function without a leader. At the time, Joseph and Vivian were together. Joseph should have been the King. In his quest for vengence, he took those who supported him and created his own clan. The only clan currently surviving, that is."

Your eyes widened at the statement. They killed them all? You wondered in the back of your mind.

As if reading your mind, the male smirked, "The only ones left are Mason, Vincent, and Vivian - your beloved family."

"Where are they?" You sighed, keeping your composure.

"Heh, Joseph's dealing with them personally."

Thunder boomed in the sky before lightning followed, striking the large mansion and coming through the roof. A lightning rod was left behind in your hand.

With your vampire speed (and some of your own),  you were standing behind the group of boys in less than a second. After a moment, each stand-still man's head slipped off of his body and onto the floor.

"She killed them!?" Happy exclaimed, shocked.

"C'mon," You ignored the feline. "Let's find Joseph."

_________________

Hysterical laughter bubbled up from Joseph's throat as he saw the look on your face, the look on everyone's face.

Mason, Vincent, and Vivian, they were all already dead by the time you found them.

They had been imprisoned in a holding cell that was designed so that's if they tried to escape, they would be electrocuted.

It appeared that they made several attempts to escape, judging by the burn marks and scarring that was all over their bodies.

How exactly everything went down, you didn't know. All you knew now was that they were dead. All of the vampires were dead - extinct - except you and Joseph.

"Sorry, it had to end this way (Y/N)." He smirked, finally able to stop laughing. "Tell me, how does it feel to see so many of your supposed 'people' dead?" Even though the plan was to get her to rip the blond to shreds, I guess this will do. He thought. He was honestly surprised to see Laxus with the others as they ran in after you. Laxus was suppose to be dead, so how was he still alive? "Looks like you failed them as a Princess."

"I didn't fail anybody." You replied confidently, "This all happened because of you and the fact that you can't handle rejection." You noticed his face twitch in anger and decided to continue (to stir the pot), "My mom didn't want to be with you anymore, so you practically wasted centuries of your life trying to seek revenge. You're the one who stole me as a baby, threatened the King and Queen, tried to get me to eat my friends, and wiped out an entire species. And for what? Who are you going to rule over now that you've killed everybody."

"A King always has followers." Joseph smirked.

"You mean the men I beheaded earlier?"

Surprised was shown momentarily on his face before he quickly composed himself. "So it's just you and me then?" He questioned.

You nodded, knitting your eyebrows together. "Yeah. Just you and me."