Chapter 31

"I know I called you Strawberry Shortcake, but I didn't think you actually smelled like strawberries." The female vampire taunted Natsu who was currently in a chokehold.

"S-Shut up!" Natsu growled, trying to break free but was proving to be unsuccessful.

"Your friend over there," Gray's opponent spoke calmly, "is a loud mouth, isn't he?" He had Gray pressed face first into the ground. "He seems hotheaded, but you," The vampire squeezed his hands which held Gray's hands behind his back. Gray groaned in pain. "you seem very chill to me. Even your skin is ice cold, but that's probably because you aren't wearing a shirt, right?"

"Actually," Gray grunted, "it's because of my magic." As soon as he said that, ice formed over the vampire's hands. The enemy hissed at the contact, by reflex he let go of Gray. Pulling his hands apart, the vampire shattered the ice as Gray weakly stood to his feet.

"Cute parlor trick." The vampire growled.

"Guess it's about to get absolutely adorable." Gray replied, getting into his Ice-Make stance.

Then a smell flowed through the cool, night air, causing each vampire that was fighting the wizards to suddenly freeze.

"Someone's bleeding." The vampire that was fighting Sting chuckled darkly.

"Boy, that smells good." The female vampire sighed.

"Control yourselves!" The vampire that was fighting Laxus growled, "This one's mine."

The other vampires growled in aggravation, but didn't bother to attack Laxus. They just made an effort to get their own supply of blood. Through their opponent.

As the wizards continued to fight for their lives against the vampires, a loud rumble was heard followed by a quick flash of lightning in the sky. A flash that momentarily brought light to the battlefield, making the wizards see what was around them for about three seconds.

"Looks like a storm is comin'." A vampire, the one fighting Laxus, looked up at the sky skeptically. "That's pretty rare here."

The storm grew in size and power and made itself at home directly over the current battlefield. A bolt of lightning, instead of flashing in the sky, hit the ground.

"What is going on here?"

Not being able to see, the wizards wondered if this new voice was a friend or foe. However, the vampires knew exactly who this was.

"Sir, these humans just wondered over here." One of the vampires explained, "We were just trying to get some breakfast."

"Guys?" A female voice shouted.

"Phoebe?" Happy called, "Is that you?"

"Yeah," The exceed replied, "Have you guys seen (Y/N)?"

"That's what we were trying to do." Natsu growled.

"You people know the princess?" The female vampire asked.

"Yeah, she's our friend!" Sting proclaimed.

"And my girlfriend." Laxus added.

"Release the humans." Vincent ordered. Immediately, the vampires dropped or let go of the guild wizards. "This flying kitten came to me saying that (Y/N) had gone missing." He explained, "We need to think about my daughter first before we go eat."

"Yes, sir." The vampires replied in unison.

"Now, all of you, let's go inside."

Vincent placed a hand of Phoebe while the other vampires hesitantly placed a hand on a wizard. A second later, everyone was inside the mansion.

With lighting.

"Finally! I can see!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Will someone cover up that man's wound?" Vincent growled, referring to Laxus and the cut on his neck. "The smell is getting to me."

One of the servants responded to the demand immediately, not wanting to make the King (or Clan Leader) angry.

"So, about (Y/N)," Laxus began after a bandaid was placed on his neck. "how do we find her?"

"That won't be necessary."

Everyone turned to the source of the new voice and saw Joseph, who was smirking.

"You!" Vincent spat, getting defensive as were the wizards.

"I've brought the girl you're all looking for." Joseph informed everyone. "She's taken quite the transformation. May I present to you, (Y/N) Harrington!"

As your name was announced, lightning from the storm outside smashed through one of the mansion windows. This startled everyone; that, and the lights in the room flickered on and off several times before a loud clap of thunder boomed from outside.

It was at that moment, that you appeared in the living room with everyone else.

The Fairy Tail mages plus Sting and Rogue noticed you first, but only by a few seconds.

"Oh my gosh . ." Evergreen gasped, her mouth agape. There wasn't much to say about your new appearance which is why no one said anything. You didn't look that different. You were only currently scary-looking (pale skin, red eyes, and obviously the fangs) because (1) you had just awakened and (2) you were practically starving.

"(Y/N) . ." Sting uttered your name, not knowing what else to say. He knew that this was not you; at least, not the you that he knew.

"She's awakened." One of the vampires stated in awe.

You finally moved (you haven't moved a muscle since you showed up), cocking your head to the side which caused your neck to crack. "I'm hungry." You said, not blinking which made you look ten times scarier.

"(Y/N), you remember us, right?" Phoebe asked timidly, flying in front of all the wizards who came to save you. "We're your friends."

"My only friend right now is my aching stomach." You retorted.  "We can be friends after I'm full."

"By all means, Princess, help yourself." Joseph said, "They're all yours."

Laxus glared at Joseph quickly before his eyes landed on you once again. He was so blinded by seeing you again that he never thought to question Joseph's motives. He was angry with himself, but at the moment, he had bigger fish to fry.

"We need a plan," Freed said in a low voice, "and fast!"

"I say we all make a run for it." Happy suggested.

"Did you forget that (Y/N)'s a vampire now?" Lucy snapped at the blue exceed, "We're not going to be able to out run her!"

"Guys." Gray warned.

You stared intently at the group of mages who slowly took a step back as you inched forward. Nothing was on your mind right now except for eating. That was what was driving you right now. Not that you needed to worry.

It would all be over soon.