Chapter 11

"Sting, why do you like me?"

The blond's eyes went wide upon hearing your question. "W-What do you mean, (Y/N)?" He asked as if he couldn't believe what had just come out of your mouth.

"You know I'm dating Laxus," You said, turning your head and looking out the window. "so it's not like we can be together. I just don't understand . . . . I don't understand why you like me. I thought you were only trying to get in my pants."

Sting returned his gaze to the white bed sheets. He gripped the material tightly in his hands, angry with himself. "I was." He confessed, "At first, I was just trying to get you in bed with me because you were the Laxus Dreyar's girlfriend. I thought you must've been good in bed."

You furrowed your eyebrows at his confession, but didn't say anything.

"I knew you two had broken up seven years ago, so I thought I had a chance." Sting continued, "But you . . . . there was something about you . . . . the way you rejected me. I didn't realize it until you beat me . . . that I have feelings for you."

He paused for a second before continuing, "You're a powerful wizard and strong, you're beautiful and wise, you aren't afraid to stand up for yourself, and you're just . . . you're just amazing."

He turned his head and looked back at you even though you weren't looking at him. "I . . I think that I'm in love with you, (Y/N)." He said, a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

But Sting knew that he shouldn't have hope. You had already stated that you were with Laxus and it didn't sound like you'd be leaving him any time soon.

"You can't." You said in a low voice.

"Can't wha-"

"You can't be in love with me." You quickly interrupted the blond. "I'm with Laxus. I love Laxus and I'm not leaving him."

"I know," Sting said through gritted teeth. "but I can't control these feelings."

"I know." You mumbled. The infirmary was once again quiet after you uttered those two words. After a moment, you sighed. "Get some rest." You said, leaving the room.

Unrequited love hurts, doesn't it?

Sting laid back down on the bed, groaning from the pain that he still had. If he could control his feelings, then he would simply stop liking you since you aren't single anymore. However, love is an emotion that cannot be controlled.

It controls the user, not the other way around.

The White Dragon Slayer felt his eyelids become heavy as his body relaxed. I don't know what to do. He thought, mentally breaking down. What should I do? His eyes finally closed and Sting entered a peaceful sleep.

Five Days Later . . .

Sting was still recovering at Fairy Tail. The injuries he sustained were very deep. Rogue, Fro, Lector, and Yukino would come by once a day to visit the blond and make sure that he was okay.

However, on this day, as Rogue, Fro, and Lector were about to leave, Yukino stated that she wanted to talk to Sting for a little while longer.

"We'll wait for you in the guildhall then." Rogue said, exiting the infirmary with the exceeds.

"You don't know who did this to you?" Yukino asked softly.

"No." Sting answered with a blank expression. "The entire time, she looked like (Y/N)."

"Do you . . . . do you wish to get over (Y/N)-sama?"

Sting's eyes widened and he gasped, "What?"