Chapter 49

ALTERNATIVE, SURPRISE ENDING #2

Laxus?

Or Sting?

Sting?

Or Laxus?

The decision was so hard to make. People typically tell you to "follow your heart" and to "choose the one you love more," but what if you didn't know who you love more?

What if you love them both equally? Or at least, you think  you do.

It was so confusing to know because, due to your recent life experiences, your feelings are all jumbled together.

From being solely in love with Laxus to meeting Sting, being put under a spell, forgetting Laxus completely, spending alone time with Sting, and remembering Laxus; there was just so much going on inside of you and you were utterly confused.

You honestly don't think you could choose between the two gentlemen.

It seemed impossible.

I guess I have no choice. You sighed in your head. You had made a decision on how you were going to settle this conflict.

Three hours later, you were standing in the forest (for privacy) with Sting and Laxus. Both males were incredibly anxious, but did well in not showing it.

"I'm just gonna come out and say it." You began, "I can't deny the fact that I have feelings for both of you now. At first, it was only Laxus because I really didn't like you, Sting. But then the whole genie thing happened and I noticed things started to change. I remembered every emotion and feeling from that incident vividly and I suppressed it because I was with Laxus. Then I gave up my memories of Laxus, and, during that time, those suppressed feelings for Sting grew. What I'm trying to say is that I can't choose between the two of you. I love you both."

"So, what? Are you just not gonna date any of us?" Sting asked.

"I think it'd be best if I didn't choose anyone." You replied with a head nod.

"But . . But-" Sting was about to complain, but stopped himself to recollect his thoughts. After some time, a few seconds, of thinking, he blurted out, "What if you dated both of us?"

"Huh?" You asked, surprised.

"Excuse me?" Laxus grunted, somewhat irritated by the idea that he would have to share the woman he loves.

"Well, then she wouldn't have to choose." Sting reasoned.

"I don't like that idea." Laxus immediately shut it down.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to make out with her knowing that she could have possibly made out with you an hour earlier. I'd feel like I was kidding you instead, and that's just plain disgusting. Besides, wouldn't you be jealous of her dating another guy while she's involved with you?"

"Well, it would be consentual between the three of us-"

"So you still wouldn't be jealous?"

"I can manage a little jealousy as long as (Y/N) is happy."

That statement caught Laxus off guard. Sting had a point: as long as you were happy, then nothing else should really matter.

Laxus would be happy as long as you're happy.

However, the whole "sharing you" idea still doesn't sound appealing to him, but if you wanted to, he would agree to it.

"Fine," He sighed, "I guess it could w-"

"Uh, guys?" You interrupted their conversation. After gaining their attention,  you confessed, "I don't want to be in a relationship with two guys. That would get complicated real quick, especially since we all have genuine feelings thrown into the mix."

Laxus sighed in relief, glad you wanted no part in that ridiculous idea.

Sting, on the other hand, shrugged it off. It was only a suggestion, after all.

"So, this is your choice?" Sting asked, referring to your decision to not be romantically involved with them.

"This is my choice." You repeated with a head nod.

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed." He said with a smirk, "I would have loved for you to date us both so that you could see that I'm the only one for you."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Laxus scoffed.

"It does help me sleep at night. Knowing that I shined the light of love into her heart puts me at ease."

You laughed at Sting corny attempt at saying something romantic. "Nice one, Sting." You nodded your head, mentally applauding him.

"You like that?" Laxus asked, shocked.

"It was corny, yet cute and funny." You said, "Want to give it a try, Laxus?" You smirked as you teased him.

The lightning dragon slayer shifted on his feet awkwardly. He avoided looking at you or Sting as he felt himself becoming incredibly embarrassed. What the heck am I suppose to say? He grumbled mentally.

Then it hit him. With unexpected confidence, he stated,

"He may have shined the light of love, but I shocked your heart with a love so passionate, it's overwhelming."

It was as if Laxus was controlled when he said that because after he said that, his face went red. You and Sting laughed so hard which only made Laxus more embarrassed.

"I loved how you were so serious when you said it too!" You said as you laughed. You were laughing so hard that you started to cry. "No hesitation!"

"Alright, alright, I get it." Laxus groaned, "Can we just forget that, that happened?"

You and Sting were gasping for air, your sides hurting from the intense laughter.

Corny, but it might have been true. Sting did shine love into your heart, but after being with Laxus for so long, his shocking yet passionate love was, indeed, overwhelming.

"Ok, ok." You said, out of breath. You took a deep breath before reassuring him, "We'll pretend you never said that. Right, Sting?" You glanced over at the Sabertooth wizard who had just started laughing all over again at the mention of his name.

It must have been contagious because you felt laughter bubbling up inside you. Deciding not to hold it in, you busted out laughing.

"I hate you guys." Laxus grumbled, scowling as he watched the two of you laugh. He knew he was lying though.

He doesn't hate Sting, but he doesn't like him either (he tolerates him). He knows for sure, however, that he doesn't hate you.

Life with these two young men was going to be exciting and adventurous.

You could already tell!

- THE END -