Chapter 49: Unconditionally

LAXUS ENDING

You've spent a good portion of your life loving Laxus, the good and the bad in him.

Oh, no.
Did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see
what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities,
All of the dirty laundry,
Never made me blink one time

You followed him through his rebellious stage when he hosted the Battle of Fairy Tail. You helped him plan and stood by his side because you loved him.

You still love him.

Unconditional
Unconditionally
I will love you
Unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you
Unconditionally

Similarly, Laxus has stayed by your side. This, of course, excludes his expulsion in which he left you behind.

Needless to say, you were quite bitter about his decision. Yes, you had the Thunder Legion and Phoebe, but Laxus completed you.

Without him, you were lonely.

Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologises
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm, I would
I'd do it all because I love you
I love you

So when he finally showed himself on Tenrou Island, you were more than thrilled.

However, much to your disappointment, the two of you did not get back together.

Regardless, you knew you were in love with him. That wouldn't change for anything!

Unconditional
Unconditionally
I will love you
Unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you
Unconditionally

You patiently waited for the time when you and Laxus would be a couple again. Though, the more you waited, the less patient you became.

It was difficult being by his side and not being able to hug him, hold his hand, run your hand through his hair, or kiss him.

It tore you apart inside, just like it did to him (even if you didn't know it).

So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart

Then the Grand Magic Games took place and you met Sting. You may not have liked him when you two first met, but you need to make a mental note to thank Sting.

If it wasn't for Sting, Laxus wouldn't have gotten angry with Sting and possessive of you. Laxus also wouldn't have asked you to be his girlfriend again.

From then on, you were happy.

Even with all of the things that has happened with Sting, you can't deny the fact that Laxus already had a large section of your heart reserved for him.

Nothing could ever change that.

Acceptance is the key to be
to be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

You knocked on the door to Laxus' house. You were one of the very few people who knew where he lived.

These few people included you (Phoebe by association) and Makarov.

You heard heavy footsteps coming toward the door before it swung open, revealing Laxus . . . in an apron?

You smirked at the sight, something which he caught on to.

"Get inside." He growled, scowling at you.

You grinned at his attempt to hide his embarrassment. You knew him all too well. "For the record, I like that look on you." You mentioned after you walked past him, "I like a man that can cook."

Laxus closed the door and turned to look at you. "Does this mean that I'm still 'your man'?" He asked, not wanting to get his hopes up only to have them destroyed.

"The one and only." You replied, much to his delight. "No one could ever make me feel the same way you make me feel."

Laxus smirked and was quickly in front of you, wrapping his arm around your waist in the process. "And how exactly do I make you feel?" He asked.

"Well, right now you're about to make me happy because you're going to feed me."

"Who said I was feeding you? I'm makin' this food for me, dollface."

"Well I suppose I'll swing by Sabertooth and see Sting. I'm sure he'll be glad to make me something to eat."

"That's low." Laxus narrowed his eyes at you, disliking that idea and hoping that you were joking.

"I guess you better start cooking for two then." You said, knowing he would comply.

"Tch, you're lucky I love you." He grumbled, releasing you from his hold and walking into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" You asked, continuing to joke around with him. "Did you just say you love me? The Laxus Dreyar is capable of love??"

"Huh?" He answered, pretending not to know what you were talking about. However, he didn't look at you while responding. He focused on continuing to cook whatever food he had been preparing before you showed up. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I sure hope you do. Otherwise, my trip here meant nothing."

"Couldn't have been a complete waste. I mean, you're in the presence of the strongest and most attractive man in Fiore. You should be honored to be in my presence."

"Such confidence."

"But that's why you love me."

"Actually, that's not the reason."

"Oh?"

You walked into the kitchen and approached Laxus from behind. He was busy at the stove, however he probably (most likely) felt your presence coming and was curious to see what you were about to do.

But he didn't expect you to snatch a piece of his bacon (he's having brunch) and shove it in your mouth.

"Hey, that's my stack!" He complained, staring at you like you did the strangest thing in the world. "Wait your turn, will you?"

You laughed at his response. "And that's why I love you. You cook good food."

"So you're with me because I can cook?"

"No, you're also strong, attractive, and caring. Even if you don't show it."

"Thanks, but you still owe me compensation for the stolen meat."

"Laxus, don't you know the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach? You can't put a price on love."

"Oh, trust me. I can and I will."

You stared at the man you've known for so long. The depth of your love for him is too deep to be pulled out and swayed for another. You were head-over-heels for Laxus way before you met Sting.

You're positive that you made the right choice. Laxus will always be your one and only.

Unconditional
Unconditionally
I will love you
Unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
'Cause I will love you
Unconditionally

- THE END -