Chapter 46

Laxus was walking back home from a job where he had to stop a dark guild that was plaguing a town with severe thunderstorms.

After three days of fighting, although he enjoyed it, he was happy to be able to finally relax.

Especially since he had someone who was waiting for him at home.

After arriving at his house, he noticed that the home seemed to be empty. He closed the door, after walking in, and locked it. "(Y/N)?" He called, trying to see if she was home.

He didn't hear anything, so he traveled further into the house. His eyes scanned the living room and the kitchen before he made his way down the hallway toward the shared bedroom.

"(Y/N)?" He tried calling her name again once he cracked the door open. It was then that he heard the toilet flush in the bathroom, followed by the water from the sink running.

He smiled to himself, having been slightly scared for nothing, and entered the bedroom. After closing the door behind him, he removed his coat and hung it on the hook behind the door.

And that's when the bathroom door opened.

"Finally, you're back! I've been waiting for you." He heard her sigh.  He smirked and turned to face her, "Missed me?"

She placed her hands on her hips before answering, "Well, if I'm being completely honest, I missed my husband being at my beck and call."

"So, that's all I am to you?" He asked playfully. "Some kind of butler?"

"Well, you are now." She retorted, "That's what you get for getting me pregnant!"

At that word, Laxus' eyes drifted to his wife's large abdominal region. He smirked with pride and adoration, "Man, I love you, (Y/N)."

You rolled your eyes in a playful manner, but smiled nonetheless. "I love you too, Laxus."

Rays of sunlight peeked its way into the living room, waking Laxus up from his dream.

What a pleasant dream it was.

He wished that things could go back to the way they were, and this dream made him hope that his wish would come true.

All he wanted was a simple life with you by his side. He wouldn't ask for anything else if he could have you.

So, since he slept well, he decided to go back to his research with a more positive and upbeat attitude.

But he spent want more of Makarov's lectures, so he went to the Magnolia library. There, he received many weird, yet surprised stares because the Laxus Dreyar is inside of a library?

It was the last thing someone would expect to see.

After searching the shelves, Laxus eventually discovered a book titled Ancient Spells. This particular spell book hasn't been used in decades. As far as Laxus could see, the magic wasn't forbidden and it didn't require anything threatening like a sacrifice, so why not?

He just needed to find a spell that could potentially save his relationship.

A spell that involves memories.

Or, better yet, a spell that could break magical "deals."

A spell like Freedom.

"What do you think?" Laxus asked his grandfather, showing him the spellbook. Laxus watched as Makarov stared at the page, knowing that the old man was thinking. "And the best part is that someone's done it before because they were in a similar situation." He continued.

"Yes, I see that." Makarov hummed, looking at the background information on the spell.

In summary, a man created this spell one hundred years ago after he encountered a wizard who used the same magic as Ophelia -- a magic that allows you to see into the future, which is a rare magic. He wanted to be free from the deal he made with that person, so he created a safe spell to do just that; he created Freedom.

"I'm skeptical, but it doesn't seem dangerous." Makarov finally said, "Hopefully, this will work."

Laxus practically couldn't contain his excitement. It wouldn't be long before you would have your memories back.

Meanwhile, Sting had invited you and Phoebe over to Sabertooth. Lector was keeping Phoebe busy while Sting did his best to continuously impress you.

"Welcome to my office." Sting grinned, gesturing for you to enter.

You rolled your eyes and walked into the large and spacious office -- Sting closing the door behind you.

"Sting, I've seen your office before." You retorted.

"No, you haven't." He gave you a confused look.

"I'm pretty sure I have." You raised an eyebrow and folded your arms over your chest.

"Seriously?"

You rolled your eyes again and decided to drop and ignore the subject. "So, why have you brought me here today?" You asked, nonchalantly sliding your hand across the surface of Sting's desk and collecting dust in the process which made you frown.

"I wanted to hang out -- spend time together." He admitted.

"Sting, we've spent so much time together these past few months that people think we're dating. Not that I'm complaining."

Then can we start dating? That's what he wanted to ask, but he refrained from doing so. "So you're saying you enjoy spending time with me?" He grinned confidently, masking his pain inside.

"Believe it or not, I do." You admitted. "I never thought the day would come where I would like being with you. The very first day I met you I thought 'there's no way I would ever associate myself with him' and now look at me."

"What can I say, I'm irresistible."

"Don't know if I would say that, but you've definitely grown on me."

Sting grinned on the outside and did about one million backflips on the inside. You've grown on him! He stands a chance now! That makes him ten times happier.

Though, he doesn't know if he can ask you out yet.

Is it even fair?

If you had all of your memories, you certainly wouldn't be giving him the time of day. He knows that you're only acknowledging him because you don't remember falling in love with Laxus.

He knows that he's taking advantage of the situation. And if he's being honest, he feels guilty about it.

No, I can't ask her out. He thought, a frown forming on his face. Even if she has feelings for me now, they aren't genuine. They aren't real.

"What's the matter all of a sudden?" You asked, noticing that he suddenly was frowning.

"Huh?" Sting turned his attention back to you, "Oh, it's nothing." He dismissed your question with a wave of his hand.

But you're not stupid, you know he's lying. It bothers you, but you won't force him to spill it.

Not yet anyway.